Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Banter Thread

George BM

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, H2O said:

It would totally be a MA thing to turn a tropical thing into a winter thing.  How's the NAO look?  Siberian snow cover?  

Well we generally fail so hard in any anything interesting, unless you count heat and maybe wind. Summer is boring af. We totally suck at tropical. So why not make it a thing? After all, we care way more about winter, and we usually fail more spectacularly with winter events than anything else.

1 minute ago, BTRWx said:

Does this make sense to anyone? http://www.vaemergency.gov/governor-mcauliffe-declares-state-emergency-virginia-provide-aid-states-impacted-hurricane-irma/

"The order is designed to help Virginia mitigate any damage caused by the storm and to streamline the process that the Commonwealth uses to provide assistance to other states vulnerable to Irma."

A state of emergency declaration at this point is bureaucratic paper shuffling.  And I say that as a bureaucrat.

10 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Tropical aside (this wasn't really a fail) no doubt our most spectacular fails happen in winter. Why do you think The Panic Room has taken off and is one of the most valuable institutions we have around here? :lol: 

You were asleep at the wheel last night so you missed it. 612 dm ridge overhead on Christmas. Sunny with highs 92-98. 

EC NPZ quit the board and moved to the Arctic.

Ji canceled winter until 2025.

WinterWxLuvr said we just need to get precip in here first and see what happens with temps. 

Jeb wept.  

So a tuesday? 

Every single post in the main tropical thread is just a round about way of saying.. 

"I wish it would hit Miami directly"

So I actually just came out said that I was rooting for a direct hit on Miami.. and they deleted my post. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived