Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Banter Thread

George BM

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

High winds associated with Irma in Dale City are a deal breaker for me.

I wanted heavy rain, but those winds will destroy my life. If we get high winds in Dale City I will be on my way, PERMANENTLY, to South Texas and will cry and drink Jack Daniels for the remainder of my miserable life.

This is why the sudden shift in the past 24 hours to I don't want this hurricane in northern Virginia. I want it to run up the length of Florida so it gets weaker. I dont want Miami to get hit, but I cant survive a Cat 2 hurricane in northern Virginia. My home will get damaged and I will have to move south forever.

I can handle Houston-like rains. That would be pure fun. But high winds? If that happens I might as well evac NOW, head for Buda Texas.

So, in advance of the 00z runs I've come up with the awesome, amazing spectacular Mid-Atlantic Gametime Analytical Information Sharing Storm/Hurricane Information Tool (acronym not provided).   Just cut and paste!

• Through 6/24/48/84/114 hours, the GFS/Canadian/Euro/CRAS looks north/south/faster/slower/the same to me.
  • The trough is digging/hauling ass/nonexistent/being used to feed barn animals.  
  • At the same time, the possible kicker in Louisiana is stronger/weaker/out with a sprained ankle.
  • This means that Irma is sure to deepen/weaken/Fujiwhara/go OTS.
  • If I was in Miami at this point, I'd be scared/excited/evacuating/in South Beach trashed off my face trying to chat up the bar girl.
  • As for our area, it's too early to tell/sure to end in suck as usual/going to be awesome/another reason to move 100 miles west.

[If in Board Tropical Forum add:]

• This storm is amazing! It proves that global warming is real/irrelevant/possibly relevant but not directly attributable as a cause/something Joe Bastardi has been right about all along.

See you for the 0Z runs...!

:twister:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/here-are-all-the-areas-in-hurricane-irmas-path-and-when-the-storm-could-arrive/ar-AArlZ9b?li=BBnb7Kz

another Category 6 reference.  it just wont die.  who knows, maybe if it is said enough times it will stick.  It would be the holy grail of storm classifications.  The dreaded Cat 6.  Minor, Moderate, Major, Extreme, Catastrophic, and now for Cat 6 "Apocalyptic"

2 minutes ago, mdhokie said:

I bought a generator just in case it got crazy around here, that probably jinxed any chances of a mid-atl event. At least lowes has a 30 day return policy :) 

you might as well hang on to it. you'll have a better chance to lose power following a thunderstorm, but at least youll have backup! 

37 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

This is going to be some stellar weather for NFL kickoff this weekend in many places. So gorgeous today. Lets keep this going for awhile. Like until October- then it can get colder.

Couldn't care less about any impacts from Irma. Was totally rooting against it, never into it.

thank goodness you aren't in charge ;) 

I just went back and played catch up on what I missed when I was asleep (Overnight shifts), and saw dtk post about how ridiculously bad the main thread is for Irma. I honestly don't think in the years I've been on this site I've ever laughed so hard at some of the **** I just read on there. CAPE's 925mb comment in here sealed it up for me. I'm in struggle buss mode holding back the tears right now from laughing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dale City is out of the woods with Irma.

Latest model runs show Irma will head northwest after hitting Miami then SC. She might end up smashing into Kentucky of all places.

This means that Dale City will not get a drop of rain from Irma, and while that damn near kills me, at least I will get NO wind from Irma, which means I get to keep on living in Dale City for the time being and continue my fervent worship of the new MGM Destination Resort. I LOVE to savor jebwalks along their Southeast Runway.

I feel very sorry for Kentucky - Irma will slow down there, and they will likely become the next Houston. I'll be jealous of all of their rain and flooding and frantic water rescues - But at least I wont have to deal with Irma's wind and damage to my home and being forced to move way down south far away from MGM and all the things I love about northern Virginia.

1 hour ago, Bob Chill said:

Since I can't say it to anyone I know IRL, I'll go ahead and say it here...I'm kinda bummed that my yard won't get destroyed by Irma. 

I hear what you are saying and feel the same way right now.  However, I think that after seeing some of the visuals that will be flooding the internet over the next 5 days, you may not be so bummed.

MDstorm

25 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Since I can't say it to anyone I know IRL, I'll go ahead and say it here...I'm kinda bummed that my yard won't get destroyed by Irma. 

Since you like Irma so much, you should pull a Josh Morgerman on us, take a pleasant drive down to central Florida and get your Hurricane Irma Fix.

Get pictures, or it never happened.

You KNOW you want to. It's only a few hours away. You still have time.

55 minutes ago, RidingTheModelWithMostSnow said:

I dont see why everyone is saying the GFS has caved to the EURO... The GFS has been locked within 50 miles for the last 4 days.  Didn't the EURO at one point show Irma going into the Gulf?

Nope. The Euro has been showing a cystoscopy by Irma of the Florida peninsula for several runs....and drips.

2 minutes ago, yoda said:

Jesus, North Balti Zen goes off the deep end cause of a little disco about the NAM at h5.  Its been mentioned in all the Irma threads on the board -- the SE forum and the main forum. 

He needs the night off

Yoda, I actually engaged and wonderdog called angst. God forbid someone mention how out to lunch that run was and that it was NAM so inherently suspect. But I know a lot of you want destruction up here so you all jumped me. Have at it. I hope you get your mid Atlantic flying death and destruction that you all want so badly. I am sure the nam is the light to that path.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived