Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
September Disco/Obs Thread

George BM

2 minutes ago, H2O said:

That must be fantastic and not enough plug ins to win that battle.  Reminds me of the people I see living near chicken processing plants over on the eastern shore.  If the wind blows a certain way I can't see how people live so close.  Its awful just driving by.

Try a paper mill. Up here in Hanover we always know when a storm is moving in. Get that wind just right and the stench from that mill in Spring Grove travels 15 miles or so into Hanover. Its a very nauseating smell. Won't even talk about the pig farm I had next door when I lived in California.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

I spent a good part of my childhood in Harford county living with that. Had farms all over the place. Call me crazy but it doesn't bother me because every time I smell it it brings back mostly fond memories. :lol:

I grew up across the street from a farm in central PA.  I concur with the above statement.

15 minutes ago, H2O said:

That must be fantastic and not enough plug ins to win that battle.  Reminds me of the people I see living near chicken processing plants over on the eastern shore.  If the wind blows a certain way I can't see how people live so close.  Its awful just driving by.

Luckily this only reeks when its being sprayed. It becomes barely noticeable shortly after.

2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

We have been talkin some serious shiit around here lately.

Who was it that posted a photo of a pile of crap for identification? I think it was NW Baltimore Wx.

:lol:

Yeah, twas me.  Thankfully there haven't been any more turds, at least in that same area, which pretty much convinces me it was not a raccoon.  I've read they like to use the same spot over and over.

I am beside myself with pure sublime joy! :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Its 61/36! I finally got my cool weather! Those northwest winds are refreshing! This is the kind of weather thats perfect for a dip in the local lake! Blast the house fans at the maximum!

I was DENIED 60s/40s weather SO MUCH this past spring because of global warming and climate change. Yep, I am STILL BITCHING about all the missed cool jebwalking weather I missed back in April and May.

This is very, very good weather for an epic, epic jebwalk!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

September monthly numbers for my location-

Measured 2.34 inches of rain for month vs a 3.40 normal, a deficit of -1.06 inches. Largest amount fell on 2nd with 1.19 inches, slightly more than half the monthly total. Had 9 days with measurable, 2 days with a T and 19 dry days.

Average high for month was 76.3 degrees vs a normal of 77.3, a -1.0 below. Warmest day was the 28th with a 87.9 degree reading.

Average low for month was 53.8 degrees vs a normal of 52.7, a +1.1 above. Coldest reading was on 8th with a 43.5 degree reading.

Average temp for month was 65.0, which turned out to be exactly average.

Highest wind was 27 mph on 6th.

Amazing that we made it all the way back to exactly normal after being at a -9.1 below average on 9/11! Month finished VERY dry, with only 0.04 inches recorded last 15 days of the month. Set 5 new records for the month, all new record 'low max's' on 3rd, 7th, 8th, 11th and 12th.

Archived