Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Disco/Obs Thread

George BM

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jebman said:

We are getting the remnants of Irma now, but I am too far south for heavy rain. All i will get is occasional drizzle and a few drops of light rain. Maryland and Pennsylvania will get heavy rain thru tomorrow night.

Looks like nothing but a few sprinkles here in MD also.

On 9/14/2017 at 7:54 PM, dailylurker said:

I got crushed here. I got a 1.03" in about 30 minutes. I only heard thunder a couple times but it rained like crazy.

Ended with 0.52 plus another 0.13 for yesterday, (mostly pre dawn). 

We sowed some seed last week which is usually a formula for dry wx, so we're happy with what we got. 

5 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Less than 2" of rain last month, and on-pace for 1.5" this month.  After mid-80s this week and 90F next weekend, there will be nothing but brown.

I hope so. Been a nasty muddy mess around here since July. It finally started to dry out last week when we got an isolated storm that dropped over an inch. 

1 hour ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

That's a positive, I suppose.  Haven't had an extended break this season like I always have had in previous seasons.

Mine has been out of control.  Did notice that it was a lot drier today.  Of course it really starts slowing this time of year.  Leaves start coming into play by Oct.  Can't rake 2 acres.

On 9/11/2017 at 0:56 PM, RIC_WX said:

12Z GFS indicates summer could make triumphant rerturn the second half of September, and could stick around awhile

...fast forward 8 days and still looks like endless summer into early October.  Good thing this pattern held off until mid September, if it had set up in August would be sweat city.

7 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Northerly/northwesterly breeze all day and it's still 74 degrees at 9pm. Gotta love MA falls. Yes, I know,  not technically fall until the weekend, but close enough. 

I was thinking a couple of weeks ago that I can't remember when I've seen this much color in the leaves this early. In past years when we've had early color it was from drought, but this year there's been plenty of rain, so I figured it was all the cool weather we had in mid August and especially early September. But since then, it's warmed up and put the brakes on the colors.

Probably time for a fall foliage thread anyway.

8 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yesterday was a tad warm and felt humid to me. Not complaining though, given we haven't sniffed a 90 for weeks, at least that I can recall.

The shorter days make it somewhat more bearable, but still....  Shouldn't have to worry about 7+ days straight of mid-upper 80s this time of year.  Just terrible.  But, I knew when we were basking in upper 60s 2 weeks ago that we were going to pay dearly for it.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived