Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall 2017 Banter Thread

WeatherFeen2000

42 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Yup! Depending on the species some immediately fell off. I have a tulip tree that dropped all its leaves on Saturday. My silver maples are still holding crinkled green leaves.

Forget about Oaks, I expect some of them to hold green/brown leaves that died in place. Could be an issue if we have an early season wet snow storm before the winter winds eventually strip them down.

i have never seen anything like it on campus. We were progressing like a normal fall just a week late. Since the majority of the big trees are oaks it’s almost as if fall stopped. The leaves are all stuck up in the trees!

Bradford Pears too-those leaves often stay on if they freeze...

44 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Along with Bank branches and Radio-both will be mostly extinct within another 15-20 yrs.

It's a shame, I hope radio doesn't die out.  I like 101.1, 104.3, 103.7, and many others.  Fun to listen to the various DJ's.  But, as we see more and more, the human element of things is being replaced/removed.

46 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Yeah they are both Cornell meteorology grads. That’s pretty solid in my book.

Definitely.  Both explain weather phenomenon very well IMO.

Speaking of leaf drop, my neighbors tree (which is almost entirely over our property) usually doesn't shed until after Thanksgiving, sometimes even into December.  However, after last Friday's cold and wind combo, they dropped off faster than I've ever seen before.  Most other trees around here are either completely bare, or if they do have leaves it is a mix of brown/dull colors.  Really not much green left.  Unlike last year, I waited to start raking until now, otherwise the leaves come right back.

1 hour ago, JerseyWx said:

Definitely.  Both explain weather phenomenon very well IMO.

Speaking of leaf drop, my neighbors tree (which is almost entirely over our property) usually doesn't shed until after Thanksgiving, sometimes even into December.  However, after last Friday's cold and wind combo, they dropped off faster than I've ever seen before.  Most other trees around here are either completely bare, or if they do have leaves it is a mix of brown/dull colors.  Really not much green left.  Unlike last year, I waited to start raking until now, otherwise the leaves come right back.

That’s what I do at home. After the last time I cut the lawn I wait until all the leaves are down. 

Here on campus I have to do them every day 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Yup! Depending on the species some immediately fell off. I have a tulip tree that dropped all its leaves on Saturday. My silver maples are still holding crinkled green leaves.

Forget about Oaks, I expect some of them to hold green/brown leaves that died in place. Could be an issue if we have an early season wet snow storm before the winter winds eventually strip them down.

i have never seen anything like it on campus. We were progressing like a normal fall just a week late. Since the majority of the big trees are oaks it’s almost as if fall stopped. The leaves are all stuck up in the trees!

That's awesome, I love it when leaves stay on trees so they don't have to be raked :)

3 hours ago, CIK62 said:

The CFS is all red in the face again for the next 45 days, nationwide.

If anyone said something to offend this model, please apologize now----- before there is a run on AC's in Dec.

Even with 15 hours to go, this should receive Banter Post Of The Day award.

CFS still playing 'dirty pool' by getting progressively colder, relative to normal,  as new year progresses---then it gives us pizza oven heat suddenly in July/August.

THANKS, I DIDN'T NEED THAT.

As for Dec.-----get ready to give 2015 competition, it warns.

Get ready for 5 or 6 weeks of AN boredom according to the  CFS.   This starts before this month ends and is still going by Jan. 1.   PV retreats to other side of pole and any troughs we get have no real cold air feeding them anyway.    Big negative AO for a short time is not as good as a moderate one that lasts.    JB still likes BN Dec. based on his own analogs.   Pray that he is playing a meteorologist and not a lawyer with this one-----he went against grain with Nov., and should be limping into home plate a winner.

What do Jimmy Soul (1963 #1 Hit) and most of the USA have in common?

They are both 'married' to an Ugly Looking CFS Model.       

20 minutes ago, CIK62 said:

Get ready for 5 or 6 weeks of AN boredom according to the  CFS.   This starts before this month ends and is still going by Jan. 1.   PV retreats to other side of pole and any troughs we get have no real cold air feeding them anyway.    Big negative AO for a short time is not as good as a moderate one that lasts.    JB still likes BN Dec. based on his own analogs.   Pray that he is playing a meteorologist and not a lawyer with this one-----he went against grain with Nov., and should be limping into home plate a winner.

Do you ever stop? Ill give you credit tho atleast its in the banter thread

31 minutes ago, CIK62 said:

You're annoying bro

Get with the facts.  CFS is warm for Dec.  Then it goes ballistically and statistically RECORD COLD for the whole continent.   We turn green with envy.  Green is 10 degs. F BN  for everyone, everywhere.  Obviously suspect.  Check it out.  Nice computer game for a child to play with.

• Rjay unpinned this topic