Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall 2017 Banter Thread

WeatherFeen2000

2 hours ago, bluewave said:
Utqiaġvik (Barrow) Zone 202 Coastal Flood Warnings and High Surf Advisories: 2017: 8 2016: 1 2015: 2 2014: 2 2013: 2 2012: 5 2011: 1 2010: 1 2009: 1 2008: 1 2007: 0 2006: 2 2005: 3

Your weekly reminder: this is NOT normal. Coastal flood warnings Sunday AM from the Bering Strait to Point Barrow (areas in deep blue shading). And it's Nov 12th. With sea ice, this would be just another winter storm, But there isn't…#akwx #Arctic @Climatologist49 @DaveSnider pic.twitter.com/kP3CJ2lKXe

What? 

20 hours ago, CIK62 said:

The latest 10-day period, 40 runs, of the CFS Winter Forecast is hopeful.   Cold now looks to invade south and cover 80% of the country, but not us....yet.   Older runs showed only some hope in the Pacific NW

.http://models.weatherbell.com/cfs/2017111118/noram/cfs_anom3_t2m_noram_201712_avg.php#  

Seattle and north Texas have both had snow this year before us.

EURO Control for next 46 days kicks Dec. off with a marshmallow roasting contest and basically has some accidental cold every 4 or 5 days, lasting  1 day or so as the month drags by.  Going to be a late winter or no winter, if you ask me. Hey, where have I seen this before?   Well you told me not to use the CFS.   lol

Really---I can mark 2BN days in the first halve of the month.

5 hours ago, CIK62 said:

EURO Control for next 46 days kicks Dec. off with a marshmallow roasting contest and basically has some accidental cold every 4 or 5 days, lasting  1 day or so as the month drags by.  Going to be a late winter or no winter, if you ask me. Hey, where have I seen this before?   Well you told me not to use the CFS.   lol

Really---I can mark 2BN days in the first halve of the month.

Well then I better be roasting next month with tshirts and shorts for Xmas. Anything less than 70 during the holidays is a bust. 

I'm still waiting for my record November torch that the models showed, I was all-in with the Novie roast bc I trusted them. 

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

I wonder what people do with all the extra time they have by typing ‘tgiving’ or ‘turkey day’ insteand of ‘Thanksgiving’?

Some people misinterpret what they read on other forums and social media and post it here without fact checking. That probably takes up the extra time.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

I wonder what people do with all the extra time they have by typing ‘tgiving’ or ‘turkey day’ insteand of ‘Thanksgiving’?

every time a tv meteorologist says "turkey day" a puppy falls into a vat of acid 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Brian5671 said:

I have green leaves on some trees here that froze in the cold snap.    

Yup! Depending on the species some immediately fell off. I have a tulip tree that dropped all its leaves on Saturday. My silver maples are still holding crinkled green leaves.

Forget about Oaks, I expect some of them to hold green/brown leaves that died in place. Could be an issue if we have an early season wet snow storm before the winter winds eventually strip them down.

i have never seen anything like it on campus. We were progressing like a normal fall just a week late. Since the majority of the big trees are oaks it’s almost as if fall stopped. The leaves are all stuck up in the trees!

• Rjay unpinned this topic