Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall 2017 Banter Thread

WeatherFeen2000

1 - 5  BN

6 - 10 N to AN

10- 15 BN

Nothing would be sustained until after day 10 

"if" blocking occurs. The models still think it develops .

That trough on the west coast backs up   towards the Aleutians after day 10.

If you get height rises from HB out to Greenland than you will suppress the ridge in the SE and the trough will get stuck there.

We don't need anything sustained , 5 day periods are better than what you saw the last 2 years.

You may do better then that .

If  blocking does develop then it's game on , you're just going to have to see if the EPS is right 

On 11/7/2017 at 6:43 PM, SnoSki14 said:

I don't see how we're going to see sustained BN temps with such a deep trough on the west coast despite the development of high latitude blocking. 

Euro supposedly showing 1-2 weeks of sustained cold for Thanksgiving week and the week after that.  You can get it even with a deep trough in the west if you have a steep ridge in the middle- it's called an Omega Block!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Paragon said:

Euro supposedly showing 1-2 weeks of sustained cold for Thanksgiving week and the week after that.  You can get it even with a deep trough in the west if you have a steep ridge in the middle- it's called an Omega Block!

Well now they're showing more of a +PNA, which gives me more confidence on a sustained BN period. 

It's far less risky than an Omega Block.

People freaking out over models showing blocking in mid-November is insane. New England may even see rain from these threats. We have had great patterns in June, but it doesnt mean it will snow. 

I dont take any threat seriously until after December 1. Yes, i know we have gotten snow in October and November a few times in the past thirty years, but those are the exception and not the rule. If the models look the same in 2 weeks i will get more intrigued, as of now its fantasy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, psv88 said:

People freaking out over models showing blocking in mid-November is insane. New England may even see rain from these threats. We have had great patterns in June, but it doesnt mean it will snow. 

I dont take any threat seriously until after December 1. Yes, i know we have gotten snow in October and November a few times in the past thirty years, but those are the exception and not the rule. If the models look the same in 2 weeks i will get more intrigued, as of now its fantasy.

If there was something else to talk about id agree with you (and it would mean less angry texts from rjay lol)...but man its boring af right now...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Glad we don't live there – LI or SNE.

• Like 1

Presented for your viewing pleasure, the CFS opinion on December, based on the latest 40 runs:

Do Not Stare at it, out of fear of cauterizing your retinas.     Some of the individual runs have Hudson Bay 30 degrees above normal.   It is just a game folks.

This Too Shall Pass.

cfs_anom_t2m_noram_201712_w3.png

3 hours ago, psv88 said:

I agree with your main point here. It's November, right.

The thing is, seeing blocking show up for the end of Nov. like this, is kind of what you want to see in a la nina. The ratter years, for the most part, didn't have it. That's what it's all about right now, at least for me.

3 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Super excited for tonight’s cold. The reason being all the vegetation. I don’t think there has ever been such extreme cold with over 50% vegetation in the city and on the island. I fully expect sensitive trees to dump all there leaves tomorrow night.  

even out in suburban nj the tropicals are still alive. mass carnage tomorrow

• Like 1

• Rjay unpinned this topic