Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall 2017 Banter Thread

WeatherFeen2000

3 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

The littering of my yard in leaves has begun already, which seems a touch early for IMBY

Definitely early here, although our one Dogwood has been dropping leaves since late August.  It has something to do with that particular tree though, since the other Dogwood is green and healthy.

1 hour ago, SnoSki14 said:

It's going to be difficult to get 90s when the greatest height rises are to our north, that combined with tropical influences could prevent us from hitting 90.

It's also tough to get that high post 9/15, it would be record breaking if we saw 90s. 

we break record highs all the time now

7 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

The littering of my yard in leaves has begun already, which seems a touch early for IMBY

Some trees are already at full color and many are mixed and dropping leaves, it started about two weeks ago and has been accelerating. I was up and down the Taconic twice the last two weeks and into the far western Berkshires above 1400 feet yesterday and it is definitely fall already. This is at least two weeks early south of about I90.  I will be up in central VT tomorrow and the NEK on Wednesday and I fully expect to see bare trees up there.

• Like 1

Well GFS just pitched a perfect game with the 0Z, no precipitation for all 16 days, and maybe a return to normal temperatures after Maria misses the 28th.

Normal 850mb temps. now are 12C >>>9C by Oct. 1, and we seem to stay above that almost exclusively.

1 hour ago, CIK62 said:

Judging by the GFS and CMC, there will no more precipitation this month---as the temperature stays above normal everyday, save the 30th. Boring but enjoyable.

This has had to have been one of the most boring weather periods I can ever recall, at least locally. Hopefully winter livens things up.

• Rjay unpinned this topic