Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Major Hurricane Irma

NJwx85

3 minutes ago, WishingForWarmWeather said:

Raw T# back up to 7.1 

11LP.GIF

I was wondering if the improved radar appearance in the last couple hours was it getting better organized or moving into a location where the radar can sample it better.  Guessing it's probably a bit of both.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, bobbutts said:

I was wondering if the improved radar appearance in the last couple hours was it getting better organized or moving into a location where the radar can sample it better.  Guessing it's probably a bit of both.

Oddly, the picture I posted is not updated. 

Does this show the updated version? I screens hotted it instead of copy pasting. 

Screen Shot 2017-09-06 at 12.45.14 PM.png

3 minutes ago, csnavywx said:

This. It's behaving like Mitch. I suspect that's due to the very intense warm core.

Honestly going to take some legit land interaction or dry air to slow Irma down strength wise significantly imo... because YIKES when it gets to those bath waters in the Bahamas near Florida. 

6 minutes ago, jojo762 said:

Honestly going to take some legit land interaction or dry air to slow Irma down strength wise significantly imo... because YIKES when it gets to those bath waters in the Bahamas near Florida. 

Just now, TriPol said:

12Z EURO looks like Irma makes landfall in central Cuba. Out to 72.

Funny reading the Sun Sentinel and Palm Beach Post, I think the PB Post reads Eastern. They seem to be poo pooing things and hanging on a few model runs showing things going way east and just missing them. The Sun Sentinel following NHC and stating the seriousness of the situation for South Florida.

Archived