Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Major Hurricane Irma

NJwx85

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In addition to his many exploits Richard Branson can now claim to have experienced the eye of a Category 5 hurricane.  Necker Island in the British Virgin Islands where he is hunkered down is right in the eye at this time per San Juan radar.  The next island to get the eye of the storm will be Tortola, then St. Johns and St. Thomas in the US Virgin Islands.

1 minute ago, DopplerWx said:

yea not where you want to see irma slow down, highest ocean temps are just south of florida.

It's also climatologically a place where storms have intensified.  Notably, it has some of the deepest warm water in the Atlantic.

2 minutes ago, Sportybx said:

Last run had it brushing the south east coast . This run had it coming up north from southern florida . So in my eyes if something is going to make a direct hit and not brush off of something m thats a good size shift west . 

Yea, I agree with you. In the context of the effects on the MIA/FLL area, it was a sizeable shift west in that it negated any thoughts of an "east trend." I was hoping to see another shift east, but it was not to be. 

1 minute ago, Sportybx said:

Last run had it brushing the south east coast . This run had it coming up north from southern florida . So in my eyes if something is going to make a direct hit and not brush off of something m thats a good size shift west . 

Fair enough. It will be interesting to see the ensembles and then the Euro.

Archived