Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Major Hurricane Irma

NJwx85

4 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Not on this run, no it doesn't. It's the equivalent of being stuck at the bottom of a well.

look to the NE at hour 192 at 500mb. Canes always take the path of least resistance and that COULD be a avenue it takes OR it does what you say.  Just pointing out possibilities. 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

Remember Gloria very well forecast was for up the Delaware Bay 18 hours out reality was center passing 90 miles east of Atlantic City which brings on much different results inland. Jersey shore winds gusted to 90 or so for a time pretty good surge still as well.  Philadelphia gusted to 6o to 65 particularly on Back side when high pressure was building back in 

Gloria intensity forecast was bad.  Wasn't it supposed to be a 130 mph hurricane just east of ACY?  It was nowhere near that.

1 minute ago, NJwx85 said:

I don't know how you avoid landfall at this point. 

59a9ace08e501.png

With a building ridge to the east, I don't think you will. It's my wildcard in all this, if you have a strong NE ridge of Irma, someone on the east coast will have a hit. 

2 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

No problem. I just made the observation as there may be members here who don't realize just how small Andrew was.

Andrew was almost like a large tornado.  I don't know if it was larger at its second landfall in LA though?  Irma looks small for where it is right now in the Atlantic, but is forecast to get larger.

Archived