Newest Member
    joxey
Major Hurricane Irma

NJwx85

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, LandofLincoln said:

Well, I guess one very slight positive is that it slightly weakened as it headed to FL. I mean, not to downplay it by any means, but it's been than it strengthening.

You really cannot go by what the MSLP is reading, it lacks the resolution to show the correct intensities. 

1 minute ago, NJwx85 said:

940's, but as I've said, it's completely irrelevant. Important thing is track and environment. 

Thanks. I wonder if storm vista is using the lower resolution outputs. I think truewx.com weather.us use the high resolution files. Anyway, yeah, I agree. A D9 intensity forecast isn't going to be very useful anyway.

At least we're not seeing any ridiculous TCHP values along the progged EURO storm track at the moment, especially in the Gulf due to Harvey. Of course this could change 7-10 days out. 

WufliDf.jpg&key=b3017bcbe963f0536a43e7c7ddfc50bb8f22557592640012d108c00555a7592a

Don't focus on the red coloration. That depth is far beyond overkill for a non-stalled hurricane and Oceanic Heat Potential. Anything over 70 kJ^-3 is potent for a moving hurricane. The 26° isotherm is very deep from 50W all the way to the Gulf Stream.

Archived