Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2017 Discussion

snowlover2

2 minutes ago, Jonger said:

I like normal weather.

All year.

I don't live here for 94F days. So the few there are, I complain and I always will.

I don't expect anyone to be excited for -15F daily highes anymore than 95F ones.

-15F highs would be about 45 below normal at peak winter vs 95F highs being about 10 above normal at peak summer. Might want to get your comparison a bit more rational.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Jonger said:

I like normal weather.

All year.

I don't live here for 94F days. So the few there are, I complain and I always will.

I don't expect anyone to be excited for -15F daily highes anymore than 95F ones.

Hmmmm I like extremes, I'd say most of this board like extremes too.

Currently the hottest day of the year at my PWS. 93.6 at 140' AGL

Nice cool down on the way. As for some dramatic warm spell in Oct after the cool snap, ensembles don't show that YET from what I'm seeing so hope the op gfs is wrong. Just as anyone would give jonger grief for quoting a 2 wk op cold snap the same should be done for warm spell. If the ensembles continue to get warmer then I'll be on board. Either way with below normal temps coming first the colors will continue to take off so I will be enjoying the beautiful fall. By mid Oct record warmth is mid 80s so annoying yes but unbearable no.

5 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Nice cool down on the way. As for some dramatic warm spell in Oct after the cool snap, ensembles don't show that YET from what I'm seeing so hope the op gfs is wrong. Just as anyone would give jonger grief for quoting a 2 wk op cold snap the same should be done for warm spell. If the ensembles continue to get warmer then I'll be on board. Either way with below normal temps coming first the colors will continue to take off so I will be enjoying the beautiful fall. By mid Oct record warmth is mid 80s so annoying yes but unbearable no.

There's a pretty decent signal on the GEFS for more warmth after the first couple days of October (especially being a mean). We'll see what happens. Obviously it would be premature to call for high end/record type stuff a couple weeks out.

I will say, this current heat stretch was flagged pretty darn well.  I made a post about 10 days ago saying how impressive it looked (and potentially record breaking) and it probably even exceeded my expectations.

18 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

There's a pretty decent signal on the GEFS for more warmth after the first couple days of October (especially being a mean). We'll see what happens. Obviously it would be premature to call for high end/record type stuff a couple weeks out.

I will say, this current heat stretch was flagged pretty darn well.  I made a post about 10 days ago saying how impressive it looked (and potentially record breaking) and it probably even exceeded my expectations.

Yeah I am not calling for record warmth yet for beyond October 5th but the signal most certainly is there on the GEFS and Euro Ensembles for more above average to potentially much above average temperatures.

2 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

strong signal for unseasonable warmth showing up on the long range GEFS actually. 

It always seems like warm spells end up being warmer than advertised and cold shots end up being not as cold. Funny how that works.

High of 87.  Highest temp imby since July-2016!!  Hiked to a secluded lake just west of me and swam in the 61 degree lake water, then laid in the summerlike sun.  What a wonderful day! Best day of the summer!

All the while having this to look forward to...

Max temps on Fri may not get
out of the 40s in the higher terrain of the w and n central. A sharp
contrast from the current unseasonable, record breaking heat.
Otherwise, 50s will be the rule on Fri.

36 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

12z  Euro shows widespread highs in the mid to upper 50s next Saturday for much of the northern half of our sub.  Looks like 56 at ORD which would be 39 degrees cooler than today, not to mention the much lower humidity.  

Yeah next weekend is going to feel frigid compared to this weekend. Thankfully that cool snap is transient and we move right back into nice weather.

2 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

12z  Euro shows widespread highs in the mid to upper 50s next Saturday for much of the northern half of our sub.  Looks like 56 at ORD which would be 39 degrees cooler than today, not to mention the much lower humidity.  

Meanwhile the GFS is showing widespread 60s and even 70s :lol:

Archived