• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2017 Discussion

snowlover2

Chilly start to September. The first 9 days of the month are the 11th coldest on record for Detroit, but 5th coldest since 1897.

Lows the past 5 days in SE MI

.........DTW....FNT....ARB....White Lake

9/06....48.......42.......37........40

9/07....49.......46.......44........41

9/08....50.......45.......44........41  

9/09....46.......36.......37........35  

9/10....46.......36.......36........35

Fall color is starting early as well, with peak predicted earlier than normal. Took this out of my office window Friday.

21462875_10109004176569793_3336709181555

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/7/2017 at 11:26 PM, cyclone77 said:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yep. Kind of sad when I can spend 2 weeks focused of the tropics and not miss anything interesting with respect to sensible weather up here. 

54 minutes ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

Yep. Kind of sad when I can spend 2 weeks focused of the tropics and not miss anything interesting with respect to sensible weather up here. 

It's been a distraction that has sort of masked how quiet our pattern has been.  Now that Irma will be winding down I guess the next thing to focus on is the system next weekend.  Could be somewhat interesting as we'll have a pretty potent short wave/vort max moving through around Sunday.  EC is forecasting respectable instability.  Still almost a week away but I guess it's something lol.

51 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

It's been a distraction that has sort of masked how quiet our pattern has been.  Now that Irma will be winding down I guess the next thing to focus on is the system next weekend.  Could be somewhat interesting as we'll have a pretty potent short wave/vort max moving through around Sunday.  EC is forecasting respectable instability.  Still almost a week away but I guess it's something lol.

Really it has, had it not been for Harvey, Irma and Jose, I'd probably clutter up the whining thread with my posts. I hate September for this reason--the WORST month of the year sensible weather wise.

1 hour ago, Chicago Storm said:

Attended the Bears/Falcons game today, perfect weather for the game.

Was a pretty exciting finish to the game, but disappointing to us Bears fans lol.  Great weather today for the game.  I'll be up there on Fri for the Cubs/Cards game.  Weather looks pretty nice then as well.

1 hour ago, rainsucks said:

On another weather forum completely separate from this one there were a bunch of morons saying this would be the coldest September on record and how it would be so anomalously cold. They're the same people who hype up a cold winter every year, and the same idiots who fall for it every time. 

Which forum was that? Sounds the same as you always saying warmer than normal. 

I never forecast temps but sometimes I'll just guess for fun. I guessed near to slightly below normal in the end and in sticking with it.

11 hours ago, Powerball said:

Hmmm, the calls for a cooler than average September may have been premature if current indications are correct. 

Definitely warmer than normal temps on the way, but quite a negative departure has already been racked up so it will be interesting to see what the end result is. 

4 hours ago, rainsucks said:

On another weather forum completely separate from this one there were a bunch of morons saying this would be the coldest September on record and how it would be so anomalously cold. They're the same people who hype up a cold winter every year, and the same idiots who fall for it every time. 

And you're the moron that go's to said forum.    How many times have you failed on your hype calls this summer?

2 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

Definitely warmer than normal temps on the way, but quite a negative departure has already been racked up so it will be interesting to see what the end result is. 

The reverse is going to happen quickly especially if we get a week of near to above 80 temps. By September 20th it will be a wash on departures and looking beyond that point the pattern looks to remain warm on all long range models right now. Can it change, sure but as it stands the month will end up above normal if it plays out that way.

4 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

Which forum was that? Sounds the same as you always saying warmer than normal. 

I never forecast temps but sometimes I'll just guess for fun. I guessed near to slightly below normal in the end and in sticking with it.

theweatherforums.com, and warmer than normal is the easy call to make in a warming climate. We can't go off the 1981-2010 normals anymore. 

2 hours ago, UMB WX said:

And you're the moron that go's to said forum.    How many times have you failed on your hype calls this summer?

My call for a hot summer was spot on for many areas in the USA, not necessarily in your little microclimate, since you think everything revolves around your backyard. You always get so salty when it warms up I notice. 

Take a break. 

3 hours ago, rainsucks said:

theweatherforums.com, and warmer than normal is the easy call to make in a warming climate. We can't go off the 1981-2010 normals anymore. 

My call for a hot summer was spot on for many areas in the USA, not necessarily in your little microclimate, since you think everything revolves around your backyard. You always get so salty when it warms up I notice. 

Take a break. 

Why are you bringing your saltiness and trolling from that forum to here?

Salty Links of me,  and post that everything revolves around MBY, please.   

Heed your own advice and take a break if you'd like to continue trolling your agenda here in to winter.

Easy call, Spot on, Hot summer, my Micro-climate.

Take a break.  The heat is on - you must be exhausted from the hot summer. Better luck next summer.

ranks1.gif

2 hours ago, rainsucks said:

Take a break. 

Lol

10 hours ago, Stebo said:

The reverse is going to happen quickly especially if we get a week of near to above 80 temps. By September 20th it will be a wash on departures and looking beyond that point the pattern looks to remain warm on all long range models right now. Can it change, sure but as it stands the month will end up above normal if it plays out that way.

Guess we will just wait and see. I dont see it being a wash by Sept 20th, we would have to run a nearly +9F temp departure over the next 8 days for that to happen. Either way, during the beginning of the leaf-changing season, abundant sunshine is all I am worried about so we maximize beauty in October when the crisp air is supposed to be here.

20 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Guess we will just wait and see. I dont see it being a wash by Sept 20th, we would have to run a nearly +9F temp departure over the next 8 days for that to happen. Either way, during the beginning of the leaf-changing season, abundant sunshine is all I am worried about so we maximize beauty in October when the crisp air is supposed to be here.

20-22nd, by that point it will be a wash if we are in the 80s next week. The departure is -6.6, that isn't insurmountable when we are projecting highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 60s. Let's say we end up with a week of that next starting late this week. By that point the daily average will be 74/54. You get a week plus of 82/62 that is +8 every day and the averages only go down from this point. Either way I wouldn't be rooting on a cool September, the 4 of the last 5 that ended in the 59 to 63.5 range going back to 1999 ended up being garbage for snow and the 5th was average. We have seen what years do when we are warm in Sept and early October, think 2007 or 2010

Archived