Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
September 2017 Discussion

snowlover2

Wednesday
Partly sunny, with a high near 81. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon.
Wednesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 64. South southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Thursday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 84. Calm wind becoming south southeast 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon.
Thursday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 64.
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 85.
Friday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 63.
Saturday
Saturday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 62.
Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 84.
Sunday Night
Monday
Sunny, with a high near 83.

Best late September ever

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Stebo said:
Wednesday
Partly sunny, with a high near 81. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon.
Wednesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 64. South southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Thursday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 84. Calm wind becoming south southeast 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon.
Thursday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 64.
Friday
Friday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 63.
Saturday
Saturday Night
Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 84.
Sunday Night
Monday
Sunny, with a high near 83.

Best late September ever

Making up for one the cold summer. Best week of weather of the year! 

24 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

The 0.40" of rain last night really helped to get the grass greened up and growing again.  

Only to possibly get fried again in the coming week. But we'll see what kind of rain happens tomorrow (around your area in particular).

Average weekly rain this time of year is around .7" 

17 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Only to possibly get fried again in the coming week. But we'll see what kind of rain happens tomorrow (around your area in particular).

Average weekly rain this time of year is around .7" 

Yeah the 3km NAM is actually pretty encouraging (both 12z and 18z) for some storms later tomorrow afternoon for this area.  I guess we'll see.  The rains last night were sort of spotty in this area so don't think max temp potential has been impacted too much.

EDIT:  Euro has 90+ here from tomorrow through Monday, with mid 80s Tuesday.  Wow.

11 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Does anyone know what kind of effect, if any, will have on the rapidly changing colors? Will it slow them, accelerate them, or have no effect? I'm good with any case as long as it doesn't affect them in a negative way. I know dry makes them fall faster but this is dry weather but humid air.

The changing length of daylight plays a big role in the process, and we're obviously still shortening the days during this warmth.  The warmth (including abnormal nighttime warmth) would suggest perhaps a slight slowing of the color change.  As you mentioned, excessive dry weather can speed up the leaf loss.

Still getting quite the light show out there with some anvil crawlers.  Have even had a few loud crashes from some anvil strikes not too far away.  Have had lightning non-stop since before 7pm, but so far nothing more than sprinkles.  Don't think I've ever seen this much relatively close lightning/thunder without at least a little measurable rain.  Been a pretty fun evening.

Now looks like 4-5" of rain has fallen in the western QC and areas just west.  

This would normally be a big kick in the balls to get screwed this much, but I would rather have stayed dry like we did than have to deal with 4-5" of rain in such a short amount of time.  Probably some basement flooding going on in these high impact areas.

1191pc6.jpg

0.26" as some anvil rains finally made it in here for awhile.  Some reports of over 6" of rain in the western QC.  DVN received 3.75", and MLI over 2".  

Huge cloud shield looks like it could keep temps in check today.  LLJ is feeding the storms in southern IA, so they may continue for a few more hours.

Pretty incredible stretch of weather coming.  My point for fri-sun is 84, 86, 84.  If the temp does indeed hit 86, that will tie my warmest temp of the year which was all the way back on June 10th.  Still not complaining yet. 

MQT

Unseasonable warmth will dominate Fri-Sun with a number of locations
likely seeing record breaking late season heat. Not only that, some
locations may see max temps that have never been so high this late
in the year.

Now looks like 4-5" of rain has fallen in the western QC and areas just west.  

This would normally be a big kick in the balls to get screwed this much, but I would rather have stayed dry like we did than have to deal with 4-5" of rain in such a short amount of time.  Probably some basement flooding going on in these high impact areas.

1191pc6.jpg&key=6c1dfe78ee81d11fa743bb30896323a882a5517a4f604d84334eb0440538f343

That area of E. IA/SE. IA was hit hard. Solid area of 3-7" of rain, even for areas that are in severe drought in SE. IA. Talk about a quick change...

c849853d925fa066b827f96c8eb31011.jpg

8 minutes ago, IWXwx said:

Moderate drought sneaking into the Hoosier state near IND. We're still good up here, although the grass is showing signs of dryness/heat stress.

Things could change but beyond the midweek chance of rain, this doesn't really scream wet pattern overall.  

Archived