Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2017 Discussion

snowlover2

3 minutes ago, wisconsinwx said:

Not for Milwaukee I'm pretty confident.  We couldn't even muster any 90s in the latter half of July or August into early September, and we're going to see it now in the 3rd full week of September?

Milwaukee will probably see mid to upper 80s at some point next week. Could definitely see Cyclone's area getting into the low 90s easy.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

So many great local food stops, hate that you ate at Hudson's. My bad for not thinking soon enough. 

Weather felt like summer today... 81 for a high.  This is probably my second favorite time of the year.  The first, of course, the time after Thanksgiving up until New Years. 

*Edit just to add that my third favorite time of the year would have to be in Spring when I first hear the peepers through the time the tree's begin to bud out.

It's all good man! Been a great vacation but it will be nice to get home after being on the road since Saturday.

47 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

So many great local food stops, hate that you ate at Hudson's. My bad for not thinking soon enough. 

Weather felt like summer today... 81 for a high.  This is probably my second favorite time of the year.  The first, of course, the time after Thanksgiving up until New Years. 

*Edit just to add that my third favorite time of the year would have to be in Spring when I first hear the peepers, through the time the tree's begin to bud out.

We are one in the same lol!

13 minutes ago, Stebo said:

The one I am looking at is a 2014 model, compared to my 2009 Malibu, it will be a nice upgrade. 

I have a 2010 Malibu, bought it brand new with 3 miles on it, now 7.5 yrs later I have 101k miles. Ill probably wait til just before next winter then get a 2019 something or other, maybe another Malibu. I know many people with Malibus & Fusions, and have heard few complaints on either - both good cars.

As for the weather...we were 10-15F below normal for highs in early Sept, and will be a solid 10F above in mid-late Sept. A bit backwards but as said, this time of year is an average of extremes as the seasons start to battle. We are at the time of year when light frost is possible as is searing heat (100F on 9-15-39).

40 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

I have a 2010 Malibu, bought it brand new with 3 miles on it, now 7.5 yrs later I have 101k miles. Ill probably wait til just before next winter then get a 2019 something or other, maybe another Malibu. I know many people with Malibus & Fusions, and have heard few complaints on either - both good cars.

As for the weather...we were 10-15F below normal for highs in early Sept, and will be a solid 10F above in mid-late Sept. A bit backwards but as said, this time of year is an average of extremes as the seasons start to battle. We are at the time of year when light frost is possible as is searing heat (100F on 9-15-39).

Mine I bought with 38000 miles in Dec of 10 and will have 194500 by the end of tomorrow. So 6.5 years I have put on 156500 miles.

7 hours ago, Stebo said:

Mine I bought with 38000 miles in Dec of 10 and will have 194500 by the end of tomorrow. So 6.5 years I have put on 156500 miles.

Wow you like to drive! For the first 4 years I commuted from wyandotte to Southgate, the last 3 it's wyandotte to Farmington hills, so I drive a lot more now.

2 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

Wow you like to drive! For the first 4 years I commuted from wyandotte to Southgate, the last 3 it's wyandotte to Farmington hills, so I drive a lot more now.

Eastpointe to Romulus 5 days a week. Plus I have gone to Toronto several times, went to Atlantic City and Kansas once and then this vacation. Plus did a couple of storm chases in IL.

Last night was the first night since September 5th that we didn't get below 50F at night. The next few nights are looking to be around mid to high 50's as this late summer like warmth continues. Regardless, I got no complaints, this summer was garbage!

On a side note, I went out to Alberta last week for a couple of days and I must say, it was definitely worth it. I couldn't believe how hazy the sky was over Calgary to a point where the moon was eerily similar to a Lunar eclipse. It only got worse as I drove towards Banff where the smoke/haze was as thick as fog with a strong burning wood like smell in the air. However, a nice pattern change is expected to unfold later this week for the West, so hopefully they get some much needed rain. 

2 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Not surprisingly, expansion of the categories

In two weeks we've gone from nothing to abnormally dry to moderate drought.  It definitely looks like it.  The lawns have mostly gone dormant.  It feels like all I've been doing lately is watering the garden and new trees.

Ottumwa just set a new record for driest ever July 1st - Sep 13th period and the second driest May 1st - Sep 13th period.

Even northeast Iowa, which was drowning earlier in summer, is now entering drought.

19 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

And best of all, they're both American made by Detroit-based companies. :)

2 hours ago, Stebo said:

DTW socked in the clouds, quite unfortunate because it is 77 here on the east side in the sun. Brought the nice weather back from the UP.

That's kind of funny, because it was the east side was socked in remnant mid-level clouds from Irma for a good part of the morning, while there was full sunshine between the mid-level clouds here and the fog on the far western side of the area (including at DTW). 

Archived