Newest Member
    SnowHabit
September 2017 Discussion

snowlover2

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, RogueWaves said:

For sure. I don't personally have any use for cold in Sept, but if Augtober wx happened on the 24th, Septvember wx could be on the table as well. '76 and '89 should tell us that

I'm fine with normal weather all year.

April is the only month that I prefer above normal.

Yeah, first half of September acts more like an extension of summer a lot of times (and it's still technically summer of course).  I would guess that the records are well into the 90s and in some cases over 100 everywhere except maybe the far northern tier.

Yeah, first half of September acts more like an extension of summer a lot of times (and it's still technically summer of course).  I would guess that the records are well into the 90s and in some cases over 100 everywhere except maybe the far northern tier.

Indeed.

Records are into the 90's up in MSP and GRB through mid-September.

Sort of an interesting "disconnect" on the models between the mid levels and surface out in the extended.  I mean, look at that 500 mb ridge >588 with widespread heights >582 elsewhere. That should be a fairly warm pattern for September everywhere, right?  Not really, unless you are farther north/west.  

Something we are likely to see as per usual with hurricanes that approach the US is the pattern becoming fairly stagnant for a while.

gfs_z500_mslp_us_38.thumb.png.ffac3873246fe275ae2c09e9f48cf0bf.png

gfs_T850a_us_38.thumb.png.a1d7dbcd323f608df87efcb119e8136a.png

OLD record tied this morning at SBN

RECORD EVENT REPORT 
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORTHERN INDIANA
0421 PM EDT SAT SEP 02 2017

...RECORD LOW TEMPERATURE SET AT SOUTH BEND...

A RECORD LOW TEMPERATURE OF 41 DEGREES WAS SET AT SOUTH BEND TODAY. 
THIS TIES THE OLD RECORD OF 41 SET IN 1909.

I hate the look of the next 10+ days around here. I may be paranoid, but the complete lack of precip through most of the period concerns me. Not really in the mood for drought conditions to expand into E IA. Although September usually seems fairly dry, so maybe climo will mitigate some of the effects of this dryer spell.

Archived