Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Irma

downeastnc

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Wow said:

Looks like a wobble back more north in its trajectory again.  I think it's going east of Tampa.

slightly west of due north best I can tell not much west at all last hr or so anyways....entire center should be onshore in a few hrs, unless Irma pulls her I refuse to go over land stunt some more...

59b58d20c797b_screenshot0(1).thumb.png.c638b1bff8b317144a8ad67012f16bb5.png

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

I have to think it's looking better there now because this is coming in somewhat further south than initially expected 

Seems like that S/W the models had digging into the GOM that is suppose to keep Irma going NNW then NW isnt that strong or I am just not seeing it very well on the WV loop anyways the track might even be a bit further east than the 12Z's had it.

17 minutes ago, Wow said:

Looks like a wobble back more north in its trajectory again.  I think it's going east of Tampa.

Yea been watching that east west dance all day, but it IS slipping a little west on average.  Nowhere near what the track has suggested though.  Still, as since around 8AM EST, mostly north.

6 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

Live streams from Marco looked bad, Naples is looking less intense for sure....not sure exactly where Brandon Clement is but its not as crazy as the base hunters feed on Marco Island...looks very Cat 1/2 ish....some heavier returns swinging in though might pick up some...

Naples Airport just gusted to 131 mph...

Just now, Ollie'sMom said:

Longtime Lurker here...since Irma hasn't gone as far to the west as some models initially displayed, what are the implications for folks in NE GA, Upstate SC, and Western NC?

To soon to tell, NAM takes it much more north on the 18Z run so if that is right I think at the least better rain chances 2-4", if she can hold a strong wind field , and keep her pressure low then it would be quite windy as well....her speed and how far inland she gets also plays into it, slower and over land will cause her to weaken a lot more than the further west track she was forecasted to take yesterday.

SUMMARY OF 500 PM EDT...2100 UTC...INFORMATION
----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...26.2N 81.8W
ABOUT 5 MI...10 KM N OF NAPLES FLORIDA
ABOUT 30 MI...45 KM SSE OF FT. MYERS FLORIDA
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...110 MPH...175 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...N OR 350 DEGREES AT 14 MPH...22 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...938 MB...27.70 INCHES

Archived