Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Hurricane Irma

downeastnc

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DopplerWx said:

minor shifts early on but overall pretty similar to the euro and 00z and 06z gfs runs. skirts miami and headed due north and is absolutely bombing out/

they are relatively minor from run to run but they add up. This is the 3rd run in a row of a noticeable west shift...compared to 3 runs ago, the gfs has trended about a hundred miles west.  And any westward trend at all is huge for florida. 

3 minutes ago, Sgrego72 said:

Wow this could be a hurricane of disastrous proportions. South Florida waterfront damage MIA-Daytona then savannah has no been hit in forever and the inland into CLT. What an unreal mess.

It's been since 1898 i think since ga has had a major hurricane make landfall. Obviously some high wind gust potential well inland into ga... especially sc...as well as the higher elevations of the mountains. with a track up the savannah river valley. Would be interesting to see if such  a track up the river like that could cause some enhanced winds in the 85 corridor as the wind is funneled between the low and the mountains.

Going to be Savannah/Hilton Head again....next run might be SC/NC border, until Irma  is up in the Bahamas we will probably see this kind of jumping around every single run, and it wont change till at least Friday probably...hell even when its in the Bahamas we wont know when Irma will turn until she does. Even if the models all have her turning north 75 miles east of Miami it means nothing until she actually turns there lol. basically this will be one of those nowcasting type canes where wobbles and short term trends in the Bahamas mean the difference between smashing Miami or hitting Wilmington....

Yeah tropical tidbits is getting flooded with hits and I am getting a 502 Bad gateway error.  Needless to say I already stocked up on necessities to beat the impending rush to come for these items.  No major hits in 12 years followed by Harvey and potentially Irma back to back.  

Appears to me that a general consensus is slowly coming together but the nightmare is just fine tuning it.  50 miles either way means everything to specific locations.  A trip across Florida and the wind impacts are lessened further north in GA and SC.  Stays offshore then GA/SC get hammered full on.  What a freaking nightmare.

Archived