Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Irma

downeastnc

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ser Pounce said:

On Tropical Tidbits it's unclear whether she's back over water again... I don't think it's there before that turn into South Georgia.

It's close enough that it would allow it to not weaken nearly as much and storm surge on the ga coast would be quite a bit higher compared to the euro i imagine. 

another run that shows the potential for serious inland winds too for much of georgia/sc. low ends up near atlanta by hour 105

5 minutes ago, LithiaWx said:

Missed all day and now Irma is headed towards Atlanta?  I've felt pretty safe on the west side of the storm but she's inching closer and closer to us here. NHC has us dead in the cone. 

It's coming to you! You won't have to chase! I heard somewhere that Sat 8AM in SC they will do lane reversals and evacuations! May be hard for you to get to the beach!

On a side note, can someone post one of the wind speed maps as the eye is closest to Orlando! Have some people that need to evacuate, but need to show it to them!? TIA

2 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

It's coming to you! You won't have to chase! I heard somewhere that Sat 8AM in SC they will do lane reversals and evacuations! May be hard for you to get to the beach!

On a side note, can someone post one of the wind speed maps as the eye is closest to Orlando! Have some people that need to evacuate, but need to show it to them!? TIA

sfcwind_mslp.us_irma.png

Just now, Lookout said:

This gfs run is even worse with winds for ne ga and the upstate. 75 to  80mph gusts from athens to anderson to greenville. 

us_model-en-087-0_modusa_2017090718_101_487_377.png

Just think about that. It wrecks the entire east coast of Florida, then it drives at least tropical storm force winds through the entire 85 corridor from Atlanta to Charlotte.

11 minutes ago, UpstateSCBud said:

This presents quite the headache for government officials in SC I'd imagine. Do you order a mandatory evacuation of the coast still, when you could potentially be sending people into worse conditions?

From what I read earlier it sounded like they're setting up lane reversals on I-26 here in Charleston and probably extending to Columbia starting 10am Saturday. Depending on how tomorrow goes I could see them cancelling it. Who knows, depending on how this thing tracks it could end up making a mess if people upstate want to get out.

We have exactly one house in the neighborhood that's boarded up now and I asked the guy about it. He said his wife was going crazy and it wasn't worth arguing about so he just did it.

13 minutes ago, Ser Pounce said:

From what I read earlier it sounded like they're setting up lane reversals on I-26 here in Charleston and probably extending to Columbia starting 10am Saturday. Depending on how tomorrow goes I could see them cancelling it. Who knows, depending on how this thing tracks it could end up making a mess if people upstate want to get out.

We have exactly one house in the neighborhood that's boarded up now and I asked the guy about it. He said his wife was going crazy and it wasn't worth arguing about so he just did it.

Lol

15 minutes ago, Ser Pounce said:

Lol seconded. If mama's not happy, then nobody's happy.

Who else besides me is riding this out in SE Florida?

staying on the barrier island about 5 miles south of Jupiter inlet.  

Is this the best thread or the local impacts one? 

That's a pretty dangerous area brother. That being said , either or in terms of threads .

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Archived