• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Irma

downeastnc

It was easier watching Harvey because though I know people who live in Houston and along the coast, it wasn't myself facing the possibility of gathering up the important things and bugging out.

I'm wondering where it goes from here, how low pressure/high winds can get before it restructures or some other factor brings numbers back down some and whether that happens before it starts encountering islands.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Ser Pounce said:

It was easier watching Harvey because though I know people who live in Houston and along the coast, it wasn't myself facing the possibility of gathering up the important things and bugging out.

I'm wondering where it goes from here, how low pressure/high winds can get before it restructures or some other factor brings numbers back down some and whether that happens before it starts encountering islands.

I don't envy anyone along the coast who has to face these types of decisions. As i said yesterday, it's why i would never live anywhere near the coast. It sounds like pure hell..even if it misses you and you don't suffer a lot of damage.  At least if you are in sc, you should have a little time if by some chance it doesn't make landfall or weaken much in florida. Pretty much everywhere in florida right now has to make some very crucial decisions very soon and won't have much time to change their minds if they wait too late. 

btw, irma's brother jose has been officially been born at 11. 

I don't envy anyone along the coast who has to face these types of decisions. As i said yesterday, it's why i would never live anywhere near the coast. It sounds like pure hell..even if it misses you and you don't suffer a lot of damage.  At least if you are in sc, you should have a little time if by some chance it doesn't make landfall or weaken much in florida. Pretty much everywhere in florida right now has to make some very crucial decisions very soon and won't have much time to change their minds if they wait too late. 

And there is another investigation in the GOM by the Yucatan...

26 minutes ago, Lookout said:

My son and family lives on Sullivan's Island in SC. They already have their plan and acting on it. They will take the boats out of water and clear the outside as much as possible on Thursday. They are heading to Greenville on Friday-Sunday and see what happens.

By the way, just look at the satellite image to see the power of this storm. Might be the most Symmetrically perfect storm we have ever seen.

19 minutes ago, Tony Sisk said:

My son and family lives on Sullivan's Island in SC. They already have their plan and acting on it. They will take the boats out of water and clear the outside as much as possible on Thursday. They are heading to Greenville on Friday-Sunday and see what happens.

By the way, just look at the satellite image to see the power of this storm. Might be the most Symmetrically perfect storm we have ever seen.

I'm in West Ashley, I'm getting more and more nervous. My first time on this board was last year during Mathew here we go again lol. 

Archived