Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2017 Observation & Discussion Thread

dmillz25

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bluewave said:

A bit of a pattern change showing up day 6-10 as the summer Western perma-ridge finally gets replaced by a trough. While temps may not be able to get all that warm for this time of year, it may represent a break in this much cooler than average pattern that produced top 10 coolest first weeks of September around the area.

ecmwf-ens_z500aMean_namer_6.thumb.png.ece92b507c89d7d65ec3492c8520d28c.png

Interesting.  I was wondering when that ridge would begin to break down.  The questions are, how warm do we get (including departures) and how long will it last?

A crisp 49° here this morning.

2 hours ago, NortheastPAWx said:

Already 63 here. Clear night on tap. How low can we go?

Forecast low is 56F tonight and 57F tomorrow night in the Pelham Pkwy/Williamsbridge area. I'd assume lower 50s are possible though, at least in certain forested, lightly developed areas of the Bronx, if we stay clear all night. Definitely very refreshing.

I'm getting close to taking out the A/C. It makes it hard to open the window fully, and I've used it little in the past month plus. We're also arriving at a climatological point where anything more than 80-85F is hard to achieve. September 15th is really the cut-off for 90F days, and we're approaching that rapidly. I may wait until after the next modeled warm spell to remove the air conditioning, figure we may see one day of upper 80s.

Archived