WxWatcher007

Harvey - Main Thread

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
CIVIL EMERGENCY MESSAGE
NORTHGATE CROSSING MUNICIPAL UTILICITY NO.1
RELAYED BY NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HOUSTON/GALVESTON TX
414 PM CDT TUE AUG 29 2017

THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE IS TRANSMITTED AT THE REQUEST OF THE
NORTHGATE CROSSING MUNICIPAL UTILICITY NO.1 (WATER DISTRICT).

THE NORTHGATE CROSSING MUNICIPAL UTILITY NO. 1 (THE WATER
DISTRICT) HAS ANNOUNCED THAT A MANDATORY EVACUATION FROM THE
WATER DISTRICT IS NECESSARY. THIS INCLUDES THE NORTHWOOD PINES
SUBDIVISION. IT IS POSSIBLE, IF CONDITIONS CONTINUE TO DETERIORATE
AT THE CURRENT RATE, YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO LEAVE THE WATER
DISTRICT AFTER 11 PM.

NORTHWOOD PINES RESIDENTS SHOULD PREPARE FOR IMMEDIATE MANDATORY
EVACUATION. PLEASE EXIT THE WATER DISTRICT ALONG I-45 SOUTH AND
PROCEED TO SPRING HIGH SCHOOL LOCATED AT 19428 I-45, SPRING TX
77373 FOR SHELTER. TO REACH SPRING HIGH SCHOOL, EXIT CYPRESSWOOD
DRIVE AND TURN LEFT. SPRING HIGH SCHOOL IS LOCATED ON THE LEFT.

18 minutes ago, thunderwolf said:

Has anybody seen any reports from Galveston? They have been sustained at tropical storm force for the past few hours. I imagine that with all the rain they have had, trees are starting to come down.

Mike Bettes of TWC is reporting from there today. Lots of water in the downtown historic district.

• Like 1

Has anyone heard about The South Texas Project Electric Generating Station? There's a nuclear power plant not too far from Houston...

Strand is flooded in Galveston. Not by rain but by surge. 

That surge will effect Dickinson Bayou, the bay, the ship channel, etc where everything is draining to. 

16 minutes ago, jacindc said:

It feels like the wind portion of harvey has been pretty much totally forgotten with all of the flooding. Going to take a long time to fully grasp the full extent of the damage with harvey. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

Reports out of Beaumont combined with current radar makes clear this is a rapidly deteoriating situation. Hoping for the best.

yeah, scary situation from the coast up through beaumont and further north to jasper and woodville. I  keep looking at radar in hopes of seeing some movement or improvement and i'm not seeing any of either so far. It seems to have pretty much totally stalled or drifted back SSE. Either way, not the direction we need it to be going. Going to be another very very long night. 

3 minutes ago, Lookout said:

It feels like the wind portion of harvey has been pretty much totally forgotten with all of the flooding. Going to take a long time to fully grasp the full extent of the damage with harvey. 

It's like the storm originally reported live by Jeff Piotrowski, was a whole different event from what we see now.

The absolute saving grace of this tragedy we've witnessed so far is that Lake Houston has held, Addick/Barker have held, and seriously amazingly Lake Conroe has held. I mean even with all the horrid rainfall right now we're so damn lucky. God or whomever folks pray to someone got through.

8 minutes ago, Mountain_Patch said:

The absolute saving grace of this tragedy we've witnessed so far is that Lake Houston has held, Addick/Barker have held, and seriously amazingly Lake Conroe has held. I mean even with all the horrid rainfall right now we're so damn lucky. God or whomever folks pray to someone got through.

This is Lake Houston info (almost 11 ft above full) - http://houston.uslakes.info/Level/

Lake Conroe (almost 3 ft above full) - http://conroe.uslakes.info/level.asp

4 minutes ago, Mountain_Patch said:

If the forecast for next week were to come to fruition for Houston... It seems like none of these would be able to hold. 

1 minute ago, jojo762 said:

If the forecast for next week were to come to fruition for Houston... It seems like none of these would be able to hold. 

True. We are not even at the peak of Hurricane season. 

Just now, jojo762 said:

One day at a time because as of this moment I'm all smiles. Addick has held at 108 and the top PFM from the fail study was releasing from the north. So far it's going well, and we all have to be happy seeing that.

1 minute ago, Mountain_Patch said:

One day at a time because as of this moment I'm all smiles. Addick has held at 108 and the top PFM from the fail study was releasing from the north. So far it's going well, and we all have to be happy seeing that.

Over 500 square miles of land is currently under water and it is still raining. 

2 minutes ago, adelphi_sky said:

Over 500 square miles of land is currently under water and it is still raining. 

I'm not diminishing this event just that so far we've been blessed to not have a catastrophic loss of life. 

EDIT: we have to take the blessings we get big or small when everything around is going to hell.

7 minutes ago, Mountain_Patch said:

Wait, what? Per officials, 25-30% of Harris County is flooded out. What is there to smile about? The other areas around Houston are in even worse shape, Dickinson, Beaumont, etc. This has been a nightmare. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mountain_Patch said:

I'm not diminishing this event just that so far we've been blessed to not have a catastrophic loss of life. 

EDIT: we have to take the blessings we get big or small when everything around is going to hell.

You don't know that yet, the event isn't over. 

• Like 3