Total Members
    Most Online
    david121212
    Newest Member
    david121212
WxWatcher007

Harvey - Main Thread

41 minutes ago, wendy said:

Update on the trucker in the flooded truck seen from the bridge by the KHOU reporter - he was just rescued. Another station has taken over their feed - I'm watching on KHOU Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/KHOU11/

I saw a replay of that feed.  Thank God.  They are using an ABC station on that feed (not the channel 13 one though).

Edit - they are using an ABC channel 8 (probably the Dallas affiliate).

Edit 2 - KBMT is the station.

Edit 3 - It IS the Dallas station - WFAA (just heard the guy say it).

3 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I saw a replay of that feed.  Thank God.  They are using an ABC station on that feed (not the channel 13 one though).

That's KBMT in Beaumont.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

East side of metro is getting lit up. Seems like there's never been a time where the whole metro area gets a break.

The SE side of the metro is the area that's been hit the hardest so far.  

wow. This is a tweet from Meteorologist Kevin Selle (north Texas). I don't think I've ever seen too many water pictures this high, except for Katrina

K1xHiku.jpg

• Like 2

So this isn't being mentioned yet, but it is likely you have more than 100000 people that already have uninhabitable residences in Houston. The highway system is impassable. What do you do with these folks when we get to tonight?

I'm seeing many, many recent requests for help on twitter from the Meyerland area. 911 not working and besides Coast Guard number, is there anything else they can try? Has anyone seen any other phone numbers?

Noticed on Radar the band closer to the COC has been intensifying some. Also obviously the focus is on Houston, but many places SE of Austin are approaching 15-20" per latest FFW for that area.

Just now, dan11295 said:

Noticed on Radar the band closer to the COC has been intensifying some. Also obviously the focus is on Houston, but mant places SE of Austin are at approaching 15-20" per latest FFW for that area.

Bastrop and La Grange have been getting nailed for over 24 hours now. And unfortunately all that has to flow downstream. 

The focus is on Houston but there are a lot of places that are getting just flooded out. Is there a population figure for the areas in the current major flood zones?

• Like 1

Just now, jm1220 said:

Bastrop and La Grange have been getting nailed for over 24 hours now. And unfortunately all that has to flow downstream. 

And that band has a FFW with strong wording, basically borderline FFE

Actually have a good ol severe thunderstorm warning issued by the Houston office.  Almost seems like a mistake with the onslaught of tornado warnings.

3 minutes ago, Crazy4Wx said:

The focus is on Houston but there are a lot of places that are getting just flooded out. Is there a population figure for the areas in the current major flood zones?

Gotta be approaching 10+mm.  Harris County, TX is about 5 million alone.

We're obviously all focused on the metro, but there is such an enormous region of 10+ all points north of Houston for several hundered miles, I am becoming increasingly concerned about the reservoirs such as Lake Conroe. As the runoff continues to increase from all small streams and creeks into tributaries that feed the reservoirs, this is going to be an extreme test of those dams.

1 minute ago, Windspeed said:

We're obviously all focused on the metro, but there is such an enormous region of 10+ all points north of Houston for several hundered miles, I am becoming increasingly concerned about the reservoirs such as Lake Conroe. As the runoff continues to increase from all small streams and creeks into tributaries that feed the reservoirs, this is going to be an extreme test of those dams.

Heard late last night they've opened up the gates on Conroe to handle the incoming water.

• Like 1