Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 7, 2017 Flash Flood & Severe Potential Just To Our South

bluewave

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Morris said:

Based on radar, there is actually a decent batch headed for the city.

if that can get in there before the surface low gets cranking later today...once the low develops, I would think the northern extent of the shield erodes/getting pulled in towards the low.   

28 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

if that can get in there before the surface low gets cranking later today...once the low develops, I would think the northern extent of the shield erodes/getting pulled in towards the low.   

Exactly, let's see what happens with LI, CT rain shield as well.

i would want to be in central jersey on south and then again out on the NE islands to get into the main low produced rains. 

3 minutes ago, danstorm said:

If this were winter, it would be one of those events where we'd expect 1-2 feet only to have the south trend show up, cause mass toaster baths ... then we'd get a surprise band on the northern fringe that would give us 5-9".  

Nope. We still have the Rgem, Gem-Lam and Euro showing wet solutions for NYC metro.

19 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Just like in my winters it had begun ripping, radar looked great and fifteen minutes later it sputtered out to lighter rain and the back edge all of a sudden is speeding NE

Not sure what you're looking at but the radar looks the same as it has for the last few hours, especially for your area.

It's pretty shameful when a red tagger is comparing a Summer rainstorm with a deep tropical connection to a Winter storm.

In all reality, you would have seen a much sharper cutoff with mostly virga NW of the city due to much lower moisture content during Winter. 

Just now, NJwx85 said:

It's pretty shameful when a red tagger is comparing a Summer rainstorm with a deep tropical connection to a Winter storm.

In all reality, you would have seen a much sharper cutoff with mostly virga NW of the city due to much lower moisture content. 

Oh, the horror!

Archived