Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Banter Thread

George BM

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

You have the ear of Almighty Admin. That's pretty good. I heard my mod application from 2014 is still pending. :cry: 

200w.gif

Yes. Its nice to know those who can do something, both admin and moderators alike. 

... working on it. 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, mappy said:

I'm a bit bummed, doesn't look like I will be doing FF this year. My best girl friend wasn't able to find enough people to join. Blah. 

Draft league? I am trying to see if there is any interest over in the pickum thread.

https://www.americanwx.com/bb/topic/50203-nfl-pick-em-2017-2018/?page=2

2 hours ago, mappy said:

I'm a bit bummed, doesn't look like I will be doing FF this year. My best girl friend wasn't able to find enough people to join. Blah. 

Join an online league.  Make it private at first, invite your friends to join.  After all who want to join have, then open it to the public to fill it out.

4 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Night 1: slept like a baby.

Look at the damage tropical does to my body lol.

IMG_2746.PNG.3eb4bcd548d1b0909e4241a9f7cf0429.PNG

Last time I slept 6+ hours I had the flu. Your Tuesday is pretty close to my normal. Went to bed at 7:45 this am and up at noon, probably sleeping 3.45 after working 11-7 last night and getting up at 5:45 am previous day. Older I get the less sleep I get. I'll be a 24/7 zombie by 60 at this pace lol.

6 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

These last few weeks have been rough for me. I usually average around 6. There's a really sharp drop off in my ability to function when I get less than 4 hours. It was a miracle I was able to accomplish anything yesterday. 

Some people need more and some need less. I think I just need to try to keep my body from going into "weather mode" with Irma too soon. Once that kicks in, I'm fooked. 

As much as you keep up with the tropical, all I can say is good luck!

6 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I don't want to imagine. Though I was at the beach the other day and thinking to myself "one day I'll be able to bring the kids out here to track wx with me". Delusional dreams of a wx weenie. 

you adjust pretty quickly. especially once i went back to work. still dealing with night feedings, then up and functional at work all day. it gets easier. 

... also, awwwwwww. 

I don't know why buying a mattress is so difficult, but we finally got tired of waking up in the morning and feeling like we had been in a bar fight, so we took the plunge. After much debate and consternation, we decided to give the Leesa a try. I just unpacked it and I'm having a very tough time getting up to go cut the grass. It feels so good.

I can't wait for bedtime.

i love sports.  i don't love fantasy sports.  did ff for a few years, and even won a league once, but just too much rolling of the dice.  it's possible that i'm too competitive for it.  i started to root against the teams i probably would have wanted to win if i wasn't betting on them. lol

in other news, loving the dream team games they're showing on the olympic channel lately.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived