Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Banter Thread

George BM

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/22/2017 at 9:07 PM, Sparky said:

What an awful drive home taking I-81 today.  Left Laurens at 7:07am and arrived home at 7:00pm.  Only made one stop midway for gas and pee.

Yes, best word I can think of is cluster.......

I'm amazed at how quickly people's driving skills are challenged with extra traffic. Seems the more 'boxed in' a person feels the slower they want to go. Then you have trucks pulling in and out of lanes on hills because they are running 55 and behind another truck going 54.8 so they decide to pass for the next 2 miles climbing grade, and slowing down all the while.......sheesh, really??? Besides the fact that at the bottom of most grades there are signs for slower vehicles to stay in the slow lane, each time one pulls out into the 'fast' lane all the cars hit brakes and start the breakcheck special down to basically standing still 1 mile back down the road.

Any Fantasy Football players out there? @C.A.P.E.? If so, here are a couple players you may want to take a flyer out on and swap with some of your useless 4 and 5th string players that will never see the light of day (except maybe bye weeks). With WR Julian Edelman now out for the season from an injury Friday the chances are good that Chris Hogan will now become Brady's go to man. Makes him a strong candidate to be a #2 or #3 in your league. Another player to look for is RB Kareem Hunt for KC who will be taking over for the featured back Spencer Ware who also went down Friday night and looks to miss up to 2 months. Considering that Hunt was seriously pushing Spencer for #1 there is a very real chance he may retain the #1 spot even after Spencer is healthy again. In my mind these are both low risk-high reward moves.

18 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

The Bears #1 WR, Cam Meredith, blew his ACL today.

Just looked and am not sure I would even know who to pick up. The two possible replacements are Kevin White who has seen very little playing time (due to injuries) since being drafted in 2015 and Kendall Wright who is a mediocre receiver at best. Would not be surprised to see the Bears go out and pick up a receiver before the season starts. Add in the fact the Bears look as if they are a run first team with a mediocre pass offense to boot I think I would just take a pass on this for now and keep an eye on it down the road to see how it evolves.

If anyone is interested in an NFL pick-em league we have two leagues which members on this board can participate in.  One of the leagues is free and has been an ongoing tradition of Eastern/American Wx for at least 10 years now.  This league is done directly through this forum in the sports thread.  

The second league is entering its third season here on the boards and is a pay-league.  He platform we've used in the past is yahoo, however, a different platform may be used this year.  

If you have any interest in participating in one or both of the leagues check out the following thread.  The more participants, the more fun the league, and for the pay league, the more potential winnings!

https://www.americanwx.com/bb/topic/50203-nfl-pick-em-2017-2018/#comment-4596041

The more I think about it, the more amazed I am at the efficiency with which the creeks/rivers/bayous have been able to drain the Houston area of Harvey's rainfall. I mean...many places have received 40-50" of rain over the course of a few days. That's absolute insanity, yet despite things being pretty bad down there it's astonishing that it hasn't been worse (at least as far as we know), and that's down to the natural ability of that area to drain into the Gulf of Mexico.

Mother Nature is mental.

the older i get the less i look forward to long, drawn out winters where it's chilly/cold for 3-4 months and very little snow to show for it.

if i could negotiate winter i'd request an average high of 55 for december and february.  january can be the cold/snowy month.  the rest is overrated.  

while i love a good snowstorm...always have...the weather outside right now is absolute perfection.  it will be missed in a few months.  my mood right now is a shorter winter with a couple of good snowstorms.  2013 & 2014 were outstanding winters for this area, but i'm not sure i'm ready for that right now.  let's cruise into late december with 50s and then have a strong 1-2 month winter.

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

I KNOW 

I don't know how I got this far in life without fishing. It's a shame.

Also, looks like @mappy is about to complete the rare summertime reaping in the tropical thread.

Imagine if I had the power to wipe people from the board after they quit on winter :lol: 

i do not have power to make people disappear. i just know people who do. :ph34r:

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived