Welcome to American Weather
Round Hill WX

August OBS/DISCO

542 posts in this topic

87 / 71F.  Absolutely brutal today.  Stuck in bright sun all day long.  Picked a very bad day to mow the yard.  Have seen the storms and dark clouds to my north all afternoon.  Such an awful place.

Picked up another 0.6 for a total of 1.7 for the two-day event.  I wonder if this pattern of repeated rain events continues?  This area would be in big trouble if we got the remains of a tropical system in a couple weeks after all this.

1 person likes this

thought this thread would be busier today.  that line of storms was healthy.  few good lightning strikes with one heavy hitter nearby.  not much wind where i was at.  heavy rain.  not severe, but a solid summer storm.

1 person likes this

Didn't even know it was going to rain today.  It looks like it's here to stay for a while.  Just light but so much for grass cutting. It's almost a foot in spots.

20 % POPs from LWX in their morning forecast package for isolated showers today.  Turned into a steady light rain for hours here.  Hopefully we get a few similar busts this winter.

2 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

20 % POPs from LWX in their morning forecast package for isolated showers today.  Turned into a steady light rain for hours here.  Hopefully we get a few similar busts this winter.

Pretty bad really.  A 20% rain chance at 7:30 that goes to 90% by 11am?  Come on man.

24 hours ago Nws had 20% pops for yesterday and today.  It rained on and off yesterday here for hours. This mornings Hrrr shows 2-3" + for areas near  DC and east. ..lol . This wouldn't happen in winter.

3 people like this

Definitely the heaviest rainfall of the year that I've been home/awake for.  VP2 peaked at an instantaneous 6.5"/hr rate.  Approaching an inch, most of it in the last 30 min.

yeah, there is some stupid heavy rain showers coming through right now.  If it keeps up i can see FFWs going up for same areas that had it a couple weeks ago

2 minutes ago, H2O said:

yeah, there is some stupid heavy rain showers coming through right now.  If it keeps up i can see FFWs going up for same areas that had it a couple weeks ago

Nothing is soaking in this time.  1.39" and still rolling.

N. Arlington, it is coming your way.

19 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

LWX probably should have a FFW up for NW DC the way they've been nailed recently.  This is a solid tropical downpour and radar is underestimating the ground totals.

There's the FFW.