Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August OBS/DISCO

Round Hill WX

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Gonna make for some great football weather in the northeast this weekend.

let them have the early season chill.  the reason i don't think i could live in the northeast are that the cool months last too long.  the duration here is a pretty good sweet spot on average.  i like snow and all, but the weather outside right now is the stuff of legends.

23 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

I think the warm months last too long in the Arctic Circle.

lol.  i'm just messin' with people.  everyone has their own style.  i'll probably always love the snow, but oddly i don't think i'd want snow and warm at the same time (if that was physically possible).  the total package is what makes it for me, but a couple days after a snowstorm i'm usually ready to move on to milder weather...until the next storm.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Late but here-

August monthly numbers for my location-

3.21 inches of rain fell, this is exactly normal! Largest rainfall was on 8th with 1.46 inches falling. There were 12 days with measurable, 15 days that were dry and 4 days with a T. 

Average high for the month was 81.4 degrees, a -2.5 below normal of 83.9. Warmest day was on 23rd with a 90.1 degree reading. 

Average low was 59.7 degrees, a -0.7 below normal of 60.4 . Coolest night was on 25th with a 49.8 degree reading.

Average temp for the month was 70.6 degrees, a -1.6 below normal of 72.2 degrees. One record, a 'low max' on 30th of 67.7 degrees.

Highest wind was a 28 mph reading on 19th.

Archived