Newest Member
    joxey
August OBS/DISCO

Round Hill WX

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

Do you guys think we have seen our last 90 degree day? I can't see anything down the road that puts us back higher than upper 80s....

We almost always get a run of 90's in Sept. Record highs during the first half of Sept are all in the 100's too. 

My total wag is the persistent h5 pattern bringing this stupid nice Aug weather is going to flip here in the near future. Sept will likely have some heat. The nice thing about Sept is even with highs in the 90's, less sun makes it hard for lows in the 70's. 

OTOH- the CFS wan't nothing to do with an EC ridge for the next 4+ weeks. It's certainly possible for the the current pattern to continue through Sept. Which would be fine in my book. 

2 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It's freezing to me lol but can't complain. We'll pay for it with a torch (again) this winter :axe: 

I'm hoping if we have a flip back to warm that it happens in late Sept and lasts into Oct/Nov that way we then flip back to cold for winter ;)

3 hours ago, Kmlwx said:

I'm hoping if we have a flip back to warm that it happens in late Sept and lasts into Oct/Nov that way we then flip back to cold for winter ;)

It simply doesnt get any better than this for August. And in 3 weeks, we are are just about done.. maybe a 90 degree day here or there.. 

but if the long range GFS is right.. summer is over... bye bye 

Moderate rain already in Dale City, I am very happy. If ONLY I could have a fraction of Harvey's rain here, like about 7 inches.

I am going to have a lot of fun mowing on Wednesday and Thursday! :wub::wub::wub:

Tomorrow we will likely be only in the mid 60s, with rain and a nice cooling breeze! Wow, is it early October, or could this be Aug 29??

I guess it can't ALWAYS be perfect, after several wonderfully cool and PC days it is raining and cool now. 1/2 a win.

Running a solid -3 for the month here, could NOT ask for a better August. I've done more hiking/kayaking just being outside in general than I can remember for an August in YEARS.

Still headed out to hike Apple Orchard Falls here in about an hour, this rain should make the falls extra nice.

Pushing .5 inch of rain since it started in early morning hours.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived