Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August OBS/DISCO

Round Hill WX

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

For once I hope mby gets jipped out of the heavy rain. A half inch will do. The copious rain lately has yielded a late summer crop of mosquitoes like I have not seen in years.

I love mowing the lawn once every 4 days, and I love mosquitoes. Since I love the rain and I love global warming, I get missed.

8 minutes ago, Jebman said:

I love mowing the lawn once every 4 days, and I love mosquitoes. Since I love the rain and I love global warming, I get missed.

1.6" and still pouring here. My wish to get jipped has failed lol

Looks like I will have to get used to the mosquitoes. Probably have to do a late season larvicide.

38 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

2.55" and still raining moderately. Should be ending shortly, I hope. Lots of T&L with this too but nothing severe. Looking forward to a nice dry stretch.

Over 6.5" for the month so far, after a very wet ending to July.

Looks like 2.73" is the total. Where was all this rain when my grass was going to thatch for the first 3 weeks of July?

1 hour ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Haven't you guys had enough rain?  God knows I have

I NEVER EVER get enough rain. Of course that is precisely why I was denied so much as a nanometer of rain today.

The rich get a whole lot richer, and the poor shall be turned into dust.

41 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Was it suppose to rain today?  Looking to the west I see a cloud deck approaching . Breeze picking up..feels nice

HRRR and NAM nest have been consistent with a line dropping out of PA late today.   HRRR had been showing it dying in north-central MD, while the NAM nest allowed for a few cells to make it down to DC.    New HRRR says that the DCA-BWI corridor may all see rain in the next few hours.    This is the secondary cold front that will bring in the better air mass for Sunday.

The line pulsed, I got 37 drops then north of me gets trained with yellow returns and plentiful rainfall.

There is nothing better in this life, than getting inundated with inches of heavy rain, then the lawn grows very high, then getting to spend hours in the yard mowing amid clouds of beautiful mosquitoes. I love em!!!

You have not truly lived, until you have been exposed to extreme global warming induced heavy rains and trillions of mosquitoes while you get to mow that emerald green lawn!!!

There are two really great outdoor sounds in life: hearing a lawn mower getting bogged down in wet super high thick grass, and hearing tires whining on ice! I wish i could tape that stuff!

11 minutes ago, Jebman said:

The line pulsed, I got 37 drops then north of me gets trained with yellow returns and plentiful rainfall.

There is nothing better in this life, than getting inundated with inches of heavy rain, then the lawn grows very high, then getting to spend hours in the yard mowing amid clouds of beautiful mosquitoes. I love em!!!

You have not truly lived, until you have been exposed to extreme global warming induced heavy rains and trillions of mosquitoes while you get to mow that emerald green lawn!!!

feet of snow and brutal cold?

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived