Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2017 Observations & Discussion Thread

Rtd208

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, RedSky said:

After a sunny morning mostly cloudy the last 45 minutes, clouds better vacate the area soon.

high clouds over alot of the area as well.   That area of cumulus over eastern PA looks to move east too...not sure there's going to much to notice with only 70% of the sun covered anyway

11 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Wow pretty cool, going to have to check official stations. Other the. That it was unimpressive as expected. I heard on the radio make sure to turn your lights on as it's gets dark

that's becoming outdated anyway-most cars have daytime running lights or the headlights come on automatically, but LOL, it certainly was not "dark" around here.

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

The warm spots in Central New Jersey may make a run on the mid 90's Tuesday with 18-20C 850's. Looks like an Ambrose jet for tomorrow with rip currents  and strong southerly flow on Long Island. Fits the pattern this summer of short intervals of heat before the next cooldown arrives later in the week.

Clouds again may be the caveat for this one of if not the last shot at 90 till '18

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/northeast-region/satellite-vis?play=1

53 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

GFS looks better with 92L. Looks like the cmc but further offshore but more west and better organized than 12z.

It was an interesting run for us because the remnants of Harvey are approaching the area at the same time that 92L is offshore.

52 minutes ago, CIK62 said:

Next 8 days break even.  (Avg. 72-73).

CMC still has a storm going  up the East Coast during last days of month.

It's not happening. NHC has lowered probabilities again. You can tell just by looping KAMX that no circulation currently exists. 

6 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

It's not happening. NHC has lowered probabilities again. You can tell just by looping KAMX that no circulation currently exists. 

I am not referring to the Texas threat.  A system should evolve this weekend off S. Carolina that could get this far north (NYC).  Check your CMC outputs for a close call and check EURO pressure maps to see a more easterly track.

37 minutes ago, CIK62 said:

I am not referring to the Texas threat.  A system should evolve this weekend off S. Carolina that could get this far north (NYC).  Check your CMC outputs for a close call and check EURO pressure maps to see a more easterly track.

I wasn't speaking about Harvey, I was referring to 92L which is currently in the Bahamas and what the CMC develops into a hurricane.

2 minutes ago, JerseyWx said:

Might be the last true Summer morning, at least in August.  My forecast is full of 50's at night starting tomorrow. 

It's supposed to be a beautiful stretch beginning tomorrow, however we need to see how the tropics turn out because that could induce a major alteration into the modeling.

1 minute ago, NJwx85 said:

I wasn't speaking about Harvey, I was referring to 92L which is currently in the Bahamas and what the CMC develops into a hurricane.

I would not use the CMC for anything let alone tropical forecasting.  It blows up everything into a hurricane-terrible model.

5 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

It's supposed to be a beautiful stretch beginning tomorrow, however we need to see how the tropics turn out because that could induce a major alteration into the modeling.

The weather will be nice indeed, but I'm going to miss these kind of mornings.  Maybe September has some in store B)

Archived