Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2017 Observations & Discussion Thread

Rtd208

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.25 so far..heavier echoes just south of me, heading east..

tomorrow looks like a great beach day..but then again last saturdays forecast

was calling for a superb sunday and it turned out cloudy/cool..hope they are right

this time.

.6 overnight and now it's beautiful outside. Is it possible that the wet weather occurred at a point in the weekend where it wouldn't negatively affect outdoor activities? Might it actually happen? I see that Upton is still saying scattered storms this afternoon but it sure looks like the front has passed and anything that happens will be south of here.

Wed *8/16) next shot at 90 for some spots looks 88-91 range.  Overall nice stretch of weather incoming near normal.  Warmer rebound looking more likely once pas 8/21.

Thru 8/11

NYC: -1.6
EWR: -2.3
LGA: -1.3
JFK: -0.8
TTN: -2.4
PHL: -2.2

48 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Unbelievable.15". If you said 1/10-1/20th of predicted rainfall for the past few events you would have hit the nail on the head for the island. 

The radar looked better than that for LI but FRG got .13 and JFK received .17 So I guess not.  

I'm not convinced the pattern suddenly changes so quickly, resilient patterns have been the norm for the past few years now.

Whatever warmth we see will likely be transient and near to BN temps will be more probable until seasonal changes start impeding on the pattern.

I don't see NYC hitting 90 in the warmer period and even EWR may struggle to do it. Places like Philly obviously have a much better chance.

Archived