Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018

snywx

6 hours ago, gravitylover said:

You'd think I would have known about fireworks in my neighborhood. Apparently they need to work on getting the word out.

They've been doing them there forever afaik. While not as nice a setting, the Town of Southeast fireworks are tonight in Brewster... that was a very good show when I last helped fire it a few years ago. The DeCicco's/Eveready parking lot is where spectators conventionally congregate, but I'm sure there are some nice secluded spots to watch it from. Maybe the reservoir footpath causeway? 

22 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

The noise and flashes of light should’ve given it away. 

It's in my town, sort of, but about 10 miles away and on the other side of a small range of hills. That and I wasn't paying attention at all.

18 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

They've been doing them there forever afaik. While not as nice a setting, the Town of Southeast fireworks are tonight in Brewster... that was a very good show when I last helped fire it a few years ago. The DeCicco's/Eveready parking lot is where spectators conventionally congregate, but I'm sure there are some nice secluded spots to watch it from. Maybe the reservoir footpath causeway? 

Yeah they have I just didn't notice any ads or signs for it. Sometimes I'm a little bit oblivious to local goings on. We haven't seen the Brewster show in a few years maybe we'll take a ride over and see them tonight. Thanks.

9 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

The Euro and Canadian are starting to look pretty blissful this weekend, with highs in the U70s and low, low dews both days. GFS follows suit synoptically but the output is ruined by its BL antics. The cold front has legs.

Oooh that's going to feel great. 

40 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

POU was 82F at the 9 am ob, which historically is roughly the benchmark for eventually hitting 100. I think 95-96 is probably the ceiling today given the humidity and unfavorable wind direction.

Well this call didn't age well. The ASOS has jumped to 88 as soon as the wind took on a westerly component. Wow.

Warmest I saw anywhere today was 97 but I got home around 3:00 and didn't go back out once I hit the central ac. I was between home, lower Westchester, all over Fairfield County and back through northern Westchester then home. I kept checking the car thermo every few minutes because I really wanted to see 100 somewhere. I figured if it was going to be that uncomfortable it ought to hit 100 just because.

Whadday'all think the chances of that T-storm line across central NY makes it this way today? I see a chance of storms in the p&c for tomorrow but nothing for tonight.

1 hour ago, gravitylover said:

Warmest I saw anywhere today was 97 but I got home around 3:00 and didn't go back out once I hit the central ac. I was between home, lower Westchester, all over Fairfield County and back through northern Westchester then home. I kept checking the car thermo every few minutes because I really wanted to see 100 somewhere. I figured if it was going to be that uncomfortable it ought to hit 100 just because.

Whadday'all think the chances of that T-storm line across central NY makes it this way today? I see a chance of storms in the p&c for tomorrow but nothing for tonight.

Odds are rather slim tonight 

3 hours ago, gravitylover said:

I managed a 104 on the truck thermo while sitting at a traffic light on US 9. Huzzah, I guess?

• Haha 2

Warmer in some spots today than yesterday. I saw 98 on the car thermo in Poughkeepsie a little while ago. It stayed there for a few minutes and as I passed a bank showing 99 I figured it was pretty close to right. Down to about 90 here at home and doesn't seem as humid as yesterday but the air feels so stale now. Lets get some of these storms in here and shake things up a bit.

17 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Continuous thunder here from that cell sliding last just to my north. 

Wall cloud came thru here a few minn ago. no rain or wind. Alot of rumbling to my north and west. Daughter said there's heavy rain in Goshen now.

Flood Advisory
National Weather Service New York NY
527 PM EDT TUE JUL 3 2018

NYC071-079-119-040030-
/O.NEW.KOKX.FA.Y.0040.180703T2127Z-180704T0030Z/
/00000.N.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/
Westchester NY-Orange NY-Putnam NY-
527 PM EDT TUE JUL 3 2018

The National Weather Service in Upton NY has issued a

* Flood Advisory for...
  Northern Westchester County in southeastern New York...
  Northeastern Orange County in southeastern New York...
  Western Putnam County in southeastern New York...

* Until 830 PM EDT.

* At 527 PM EDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to
  thunderstorms. This will cause minor flooding in the advisory area.

* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
  Newburgh, Peekskill, Walden, West Point, Cold Spring, New Windsor,
  Gardnertown, Montgomery, Fahnestock State Park, Putnam Valley,
  Woodbury, Orange Lake, Washingtonville, Firthcliffe and Highland
  Falls.

2 minutes ago, snywx said:

Wow this storm isn't moving!  1.04" in the last 15 mins

0.99" yesterday

There was a tiny cell sitting over the hudson between haverstraw and ossining too, kinda rained itself out but anyone boating just had their day ruined lol

19 minutes ago, snywx said:

Lightning just struck my pool. Took out my cable. I literally fell out my seat

24 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

So that was thunder I just heard outside, bars to tell sometimes on the Fourth. 

Funnier when read this way. :P

• Haha 1

• IrishRob17 changed the title to Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018