Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018

snywx

2 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

2.8 inches and moderate/heavy snow

Considering I was at 0.0 at 8:30 I'm ecstatic

An even foot on the ground. I'm now at 40 this month.

It didn't start snowing here till around 10:15 or so. Picked up 1" in the last 90 mins or so. Not too bad. Hoping for a solid 3". Give me 30" for the month

1 minute ago, snywx said:

It didn't start snowing here till around 10:15 or so. Picked up 1" in the last 90 mins or so. Not too bad. Hoping for a solid 3". Give me 30" for the month

If I somehow I pull 5-6 out of this it may be the most memorable comeback I've experienced.

I stopped looking at 7 PM iI figured why torture myself. What a frustrating day at least until now.

4 hours ago, DRVTS said:

Hey G.  Tough one to watch on radar today, and like you said, couldnt even comiserate this afternoon with the server down.

I have never seen such returns overhead with no snow! It is amazing to me that so much moisture can evap. like that.

I am sitting watching it come down decent now, and monitoring the "snow stick cam" on the back porch which I just set up today in my pre-storm excitement.  also have a Mahopac cam I can see my work driveway to tell how much is over there.  My wife hates the winter.  We're married 18 years, and she still thinks I am out of my freakin mind for liking this stuff.

Only about 3/4 inch here at this point.  Looking at the radar I keep getting hopes up, only to be let down. I feel like I'm in an abusive relationship with the radar.

At least I'll get to use the quad one more time tomorrow before work.  I may even truck it in to the animal hospital and plow there just for fun in the am(and save $90)

1521678211953.JPG

Feel free to bring that quad 2 miles up the hill and hit my driveway while you're at it, I'm that close to your office.

Band west and east, I'm sitting in between barely flurrying :( It looks like 4" is where I'm at unless that band west of here settles in and gives me a bit more before it wraps up. 

5.2 inches all since 8:30 last night and coming down heavy still, over 14 OTG.

42.2 now for the month. This is now  the second year in a row that March is far and away my snowiest month of the season.

2017/18
March 42.2 January 12.7

2016/17
March 25.7 February 17.9

Also in NYC this is now the 3rd time in the last 4 years that March will be the snowiest month of the winter.

Just now, IrishRob17 said:

Damn, you were looking for at least 3” right?  I’m at 22.0” for the month now. 

Yeah. I can't really say it was a complete bust cause we knew big numbers were far fetched up here. I have no idea what Upton was smoking with those initial numbers up here. 

62.1" for the year now. 

56 minutes ago, snywx said:

Yeah. I can't really say it was a complete bust cause we knew big numbers were far fetched up here. I have no idea what Upton was smoking with those initial numbers up here. 

62.1" for the year now. 

This March is #2 for me with 22.0", last March is still in the top spot at 26.8".  For this season I'm now at 52.3", which is less than a couple of you guys have had just this month, LOL.

2 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

This March is #2 for me with 22.0", last March is still in the top spot at 26.8".  For this season I'm now at 52.3", which is less than a couple of you guys have had just this month, LOL.

I severely underperformed with the 3/2 event but made up for it with the next 2. Eastern O.C were def the winners this winter. Prob 75-80" there

3.8" here, and quite pleased with it as well... like others, once it got to be 8 and 9 pm without any flakes, I would have bet money on not seeing more than a coating. All things considered, nearly 4" is all I ever had the right to expect from this system. Brings my total up to 67.7" YTD and made for nice sunrise hiking conditions

20 minutes ago, White Gorilla said:

Only two inches here.  Bust.  But I am glad to get something.  

Wondering if this is it as far as snow until next winter. 

The average last accumulating snowfall date since 2010 has been March 26 imby, with a median of March 30, so we'd actually be slightly premature compared to climo if this was the last act. The EPS and GEFS are troughy and blocky in the long-range, so given all that, I'd say we're not done if I had to guess.

30 minutes ago, Animal said:

I am expecting more snow on my street this season.

The problem was this Winter started off kind of slow.  If this type of pattern locked in early, it would have been historic.  I'm very satisfied and ready for the heat lol.  Maybe some wet flakes here and there, but Butler is done I think.  You may have a chance at something more, as elevation really becomes important now.

26 minutes ago, JerseyWx said:

The problem was this Winter started off kind of slow.  If this type of pattern locked in early, it would have been historic.  I'm very satisfied and ready for the heat lol.  Maybe some wet flakes here and there, but Butler is done I think.  You may have a chance at something more, as elevation really becomes important now.

IMBY, winter started out decent with an above normal December in snowfall and colder than normal temps but then the second half of of January into February put a big dent in the winter overall here. 

2 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

IMBY, winter started out decent with an above normal December in snowfall and colder than normal temps but then the second half of January into February put a big dent in the winter overall here. 

I agree with that.  Feels like we haven't had a true front-loaded winter in years.

• IrishRob17 changed the title to Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018