1242 PM EST Fri Mar 2 2018

NYZ046-057-062-PAZ040-048-072-030600-
/O.UPG.KBGM.WS.W.0004.000000T0000Z-180303T0600Z/
/O.NEW.KBGM.BZ.W.0001.180302T1742Z-180303T0600Z/
Otsego-Delaware-Sullivan-Northern Wayne-Pike-Southern Wayne-
Including the cities of Oneonta, Delhi, Walton, Monticello,
Damascus, Equinunk, Milford, and Honesdale
1242 PM EST Fri Mar 2 2018

...BLIZZARD WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 AM EST SATURDAY...

* WHAT...Blizzard conditions. Winds gusting as high as 50 mph will
  cause whiteout conditions in blowing snow. Significant drifting
  of the snow is likely. Additional snow accumulations of 10 to 14
  inches are expected, especially at higher elevations.

* WHERE...In Pennsylvania, Wayne, Pike Counties. In New York,
  Otsego, Delaware and Sullivan Counties.

* WHEN...Until 1 AM EST Saturday.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Travel will be very dangerous to
  impossible. Tree damage and scattered power outages expected
  especially at higher elevations from weight of snow and gusty
  winds. Winds gusting as high as 40 to 50 mph will cause areas of
  blowing and drifting snow.

Parents back home in Poconos getting pounded.

Started getting pretty dicey in the mountains so I called it quits a little early. The snow hole is a force to be reckoned with... pure rain without even a coating in Saugerties to scenes from Oct 2011 in Rhinecliff. I didn't see a working traffic light or open gas station the entire day, scary stuff. Looks like I have some big limbs down and a wall blown in on one of my barns. 

10 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

After all the rain this morning, now that the column cooled this afternoon I’m stuck in between bands, LOL. Well, easy clean up for me, no complaints there. 

Whoever was under that band just west of ALB down through the catskills & into NE PA really cleaned up. I would think 18-24" in that band

19 minutes ago, snywx said:

Whoever was under that band just west of ALB down through the catskills & into NE PA really cleaned up. I would think 18-24" in that band

Hearing 30"+ amounts from a couple of people I know in the area.  One is at 2200'.  Widespread power outages and roads a mess with fallen trees.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Pitmaster15 said:

Been snowing heavy here in Sloatsburg last few hours- probably around 3 inches now. Everything is pasted white. Winds are howling. 

Sounds like another fun midweek storm may be on tap. 

Yeah mid week looks very interesting. Inside the benchmark, cold air already in place. 

24 minutes ago, West Mtn NY said:

14 inches. Breaking my back to clear the 3 ft pile the plow has left at the top of my driveway. Snowblower worked on rest but took 2 hrs to do because so dense

Yeah, if I had to deal with that I wouldn’t be able to enjoy happy hour as much as I am.  Gotta look on the bright side. Good luck. 

5 minutes ago, snywx said:

Yeah mid week looks very interesting. Inside the benchmark, cold air already in place. 

So frustrating since i moved down here to Sloatsburg- with the exception of last storm where we did well, it’s just amazing the difference from when i lived in monroe lol 

My parents and sister still live up there- literally a 15 min drive and they are closing in on a foot they said! 

Where are the good old nor’easter days where anyone 30-40 miles north of the city routinely got clobbered ? 

Hopefully the next one produces for all 

5 minutes ago, Pitmaster15 said:

So frustrating since i moved down here to Sloatsburg- with the exception of last storm where we did well, it’s just amazing the difference from when i lived in monroe lol 

My parents and sister still live up there- literally a 15 min drive and they are closing in on a foot they said! 

Where are the good old nor’easter days where anyone 30-40 miles north of the city routinely got clobbered ? 

If we had some legit cold air today this storm would’ve been legendary for us all. Woulda coulda shoulda. 

10 minutes ago, Pitmaster15 said:

Today was a very frustrating day for me.. Massive fail in my area today. All around me even areas with less elevation than me did better. There must have been some warmer air aloft that got trapped east of the ridge that never got scoured out. From 330am on till about 11am I was going back and forth w/ rain & snow. 

• IrishRob17 changed the title to Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018