Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018

snywx

14 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

How'd you do in Boxing Day?

dunno, I was up in VT so I missed it.  there was a storm about 15 years ago where I got around 3 feet.  that was good and the last time I did well.  If you look on a map, I'm right on Furnace Brook Lake, a/k/a Railroad Pond.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

I was looking into shirking my responsibilities and heading up to the mountains tonight. From Hunter to Haines Falls to Windham, not a vacancy in sight under $200. Stupid weenies and skiers. 

Break into the demo log cabins for sale off the thruway. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

I was looking into shirking my responsibilities and heading up to the mountains tonight. From Hunter to Haines Falls to Windham, not a vacancy in sight under $200. Stupid weenies and skiers. 

You should check if my friend has any vacancy at his place in Shandaken:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/slidemountainmotel/about/

Tell him Ed sent you.

30 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

You could check out some hotels around Kingston off the thruway. Your not too far from the Phoenica area take route 28. You will be just south of hunter and up in elevation. It's just east of shandaken.

6 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Much obliged, sir. Got a room for tonight. Heading off shortly. 

Glad to hear it.  At Slide Mtn Motel or somewhere else?

FYI, just spoke with my friend and he also has vacancy for Friday and Saturday nights.  I've stayed there many times.  He takes good care of the place.

Room tonight is $85 including tax.

If I head up for some snow shoeing it will be Sunday morning.

21 minutes ago, NorthShoreWx said:

Glad to hear it.  At Slide Mtn Motel or somewhere else?

FYI, just spoke with my friend and he also has vacancy for Friday and Saturday nights.  I've stayed there many times.  He takes good care of the place.

Room tonight is $85 including tax.

If I head up for some snow shoeing it will be Sunday morning.

Yeah, at the one you suggested. Glad to have a place that's vouched for. Not sure yet if I'm staying Friday night too.  

3 hours ago, nesussxwx said:

6-8" here, 24"+ for you.. just imagine. What a gradient on that snow map.

I don't know what to expect up here... Uptons call of 4-7" w/ 10" spots above 800' sounds reasonable. Those 12"+ amounts are most likely gonna be confined to the Catskills. Hopefully im wrong and we get buried with widespread 24" lol.

1 hour ago, snywx said:

I don't know what to expect up here... Uptons call of 4-7" w/ 10" spots above 800' sounds reasonable. Those 12"+ amounts are most likely gonna be confined to the Catskills. Hopefully im wrong and we get buried with widespread 24" lol.

Yeah I’m real curious to see how it plays out here in the Burg. They are calling for 3-6 inches but who knows. I do know it was 52 degrees when I got home at 8:30pm  and it’s dropped to 43 now with heavy rain. 

• IrishRob17 changed the title to Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018