Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018

snywx

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

You being further west and above 800 feet, I believe, certainly puts you in a good spot. I’m not all in for IMBY but for you and others around here it appears that you are about to get slapped. 

Looks like the WSW is for those specifically above 800' as per Upton. Lets see what happens. 

41 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

That hi-res 3km run had some 60"+ totals on the upslope of the northern Catskills escarpment, like the Hunter to Haines Falls area. That would really be something to see.

it sure would.  I'm going to try and drive up there to ski saturday but have to be at work in nyc until at least lunchtime.  any thoughts on a good window of opportunity to do this???

6 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

It's 56 degrees! We all know it can't snow if it was warm the day before.

And the cold is north of quebec. Thats why when the storm drags down colder upper atmospheric air, its only gonna do it in the catskills, closer to the warm quebec air.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Look at that snow hole in southern Ulster.  I knew a guy who lived in Gardiner in Feb 2010, picked up only a few inches and couldn't believe the totals when he went to work in Middletown the day after.  

This would be the same result for Billy at West Point vs. his home.

My apologies above for a really immature post.  Locally, I have concerns about elevation and down sloping effects limiting snow, and the weenie in me reacted regrettably.  From a pure meteorology perspective, I am very excited about witnessing such a dynamic storm and learning quite a bit through these discussions.  Should be fascinating to see how it plays out regardless of what happens IMBY.  Most of you are much more knowledgeable than me about details and dynamics and I am paying attention.  Hoping we all enjoy this one and everyone stays  safe.  

The high resolution guidance is interesting for sure. 

4 minutes ago, White Gorilla said:

My apologies above for a really immature post.  Locally, I have concerns about elevation and down sloping effects limiting snow, and the weenie in me reacted regrettably.  From a pure meteorology perspective, I am very excited about witnessing such a dynamic storm and learning quite a bit through these discussions.  Should be fascinating to see how it plays out regardless of what happens IMBY.  Most of you are much more knowledgeable than me about details and dynamics and I am paying attention.  Hoping we all enjoy this one and everyone stays  safe.  

The high resolution guidance is interesting for sure. 

If we all had to apologize for every crappy post we made irishrob would never even get the chance to discuss the weather. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, IrishRob17 said:

How ran this model run?  @BxEngine?  That damn hole is right over my damn yard?!  Dammit :lol: 

Euro 3-1.JPG

Its incredible how often one of the smallest counties has such a ridiculous gradient. The difference just driving a couple miles up the palisades or rt 59 is gonna be nuts.

• Like 1

• IrishRob17 changed the title to Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018