Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018

snywx

37 minutes ago, West Mtn NY said:

No freaking way. This will over perform for sure. The structure of this storm is beautiful and it's gonna bang a damn coastal front right into I95. Western Orange may only get a couple of inches but the closer you get to the river this will be a decent storm. I am going 4-7 here with ratios and starting a few hrs earlier than current thinking as precip is blossoming up that coastal front setting up just offshore 

So wish your prediction is true and you sound very confident, but I am very worried about how dry it is out there. Yo tthink there will be enough lift here to overcome that quickly? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, White Gorilla said:

So wish your prediction is true and you sound very confident, but I am very worried about how dry it is out there. Yo tthink there will be enough lift here to overcome that quickly? 

This is loaded with tropical moisture. There are virga  echoes popping up into Central PA. We will be fine. A good slug of moisture is riding North into SNJ now and will get up here later this evening. We will moisten it up so it will snow in the wee hours as forecast. This is not your typical move off the Carolina coast and turn up storm. It was sitting just north of Cuba last night

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, West Mtn NY said:

This is loaded with tropical moisture. There are virga  echoes popping up into Central PA. We will be fine. A good slug of moisture is riding North into SNJ now and will get up here later this evening. We will moisten it up so it will snow in the wee hours as forecast. This is not your typical move off the Carolina coast and turn up storm. It was sitting just north of Cuba last night

Yes good point about the tropical connection.  Geez, how often do we see such a fetch for a winter storm? 

1 hour ago, West Mtn NY said:

No snow... How about electricity? 

Most of the island has electricity and cell service. Unfortunately quite a few family members lost everything down here. They are now relocated in CT. Strong winds from Maria look to have been concentrated E of San Juan anywhere from fajardo to humacao. San Juan for the most part looks good 

-20?!! :yikes:
Got milk, crunchy raisin bran, bread, liquid bread, rum, wine, a couple different kinds of cream whiskeys and coffee. I think I'm ready.

All you need is rummmm

I'm actually really unsure at this point whether to test out Subaru's AWD and work tomorrow or just stay up and wait for the first flake to fall on my forehead...

Thoughts ANYONE?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Animal said:

It will be interesting to see who gets the following awards in this portal.

golden snow shovel & shaft zone awards.

light snow just started here.

best guess is 4 inches on my street.

I always get a kick out of people in general who feel the need to get the golden snow shovel award...”oh I got a lot more snow than that!”  As if they affected that outcome some how if it’s even true, LOL. “Insecure much?”  is what always comes to my mind.  Still waiting on flakes here as far as I can tell glancing out the window. 

5 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

I always get a kick out of people in general who feel the need to get the golden snow shovel award...”oh I got a lot more snow than that!”  As if they affected that outcome some how if it’s even true, LOL. “Insecure much?”  is what always comes to my mind.  Still waiting on flakes here as far as I can tell glancing out the window. 

A true snow weenie needs to take pride in something. Golden Snow Shovel awards will rank high.

• IrishRob17 changed the title to Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018