Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018

snywx

On 12/31/2018 at 10:47 PM, gravitylover said:

Well, my outlook on snow changed pretty dramatically a few days ago. On Friday afternoon I was just puttering around the house and had a pretty significant heart attack :( Then when they were dealing with that they screwed up and punctured my iliac artery and it drained a few pints of blood into my abdomen and legs so it's going to be a long drawn out recovery. I can't shovel at all for the next 3 months at least so I'm hoping it plays out like 2012. Sorry guys ;)

That said, I'm feeling pretty darned good and made my way around the hospital room by myself a few hours ago :) Unfortunately I'm in the hospital for New Years and all by myself because they don't allow visitors in the ICU overnight :( HapHappy New Year to the interior crew and have one (3?) for me. 

Just saw this, well that certainly puts a crappy month of weather into it's proper perspective.

Hope your on your way back to a quick recovery.

• Like 1

It's been one setback after another.  Yup I'm still in the hospital :( Thanks for all the well wishes, they sure do help. Some time this spring or summer I sure would like to meet you all, we should do a little  get together.  I'll get a new thread rolling soon, I want to put myself in a better place and have my 'puter rather than the phone.

So what's this talk about some white stuff for us in a week or so?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, gravitylover said:

It's been one setback after another.  Yup I'm still in the hospital :( Thanks for all the well wishes, they sure do help. Some time this spring or summer I sure would like to meet you all, we should do a little  get together.  I'll get a new thread rolling soon, I want to put myself in a better place and have my 'puter rather than the phone.

So what's this talk about some white stuff for us in a week or so?

Personally I’d bet the under, unless we’re  talking rain, then bet the over, another 1.06” yesterday.  I dragged the Christmas tree out to the Christmas tree graveyard I have out in the woods and it was the muddiest I’ve ever seen it.  As for snow, I don’t believe anything I hear and only half of what I see. There’s no shortage of talk on pattern change which seems to flip back and forth daily. There are some good forecasters still steadily on board with a flip to true winter but from my view it keeps getting pushed back in time. We’ve seen these various scenarios play out over the years in which some seasons the pattern did eventually flip and then some when it was always just two weeks away. As a results guy I just sit back, read and watch while others take their best guesses. It’s pretty clear to me though that in the end Mother Nature still does whatever she wants whenever she wants and chuckles at folks that are convinced that they have it all figured out. The smart ones realize that they don’t. 

As for you my friend, stay the course, take ‘em as they come, thoughts are with you. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Personally I’d bet the under, unless we’re  talking rain, then bet the over, another 1.06” yesterday.  I dragged the Christmas tree out to the Christmas tree graveyard I have out in the woods and it was the muddiest I’ve ever seen it.  As for snow, I don’t believe anything I hear and only half of what I see. There’s no shortage of talk on pattern change which seems to flip back and forth daily. There are some good forecasters still steadily on board with a flip to true winter but from my view it keeps getting pushed back in time. We’ve seen these various scenarios play out over the years in which some seasons the pattern did eventually flip and then some when it was always just two weeks away. As a results guy I just sit back, read and watch while others take their best guesses. It’s pretty clear to me though that in the end Mother Nature still does whatever she wants whenever she wants and chuckles at folks that are convinced that they have it all figured out. The smart ones realize that they don’t. 

As for you my friend, stay the course, take ‘em as they come, thoughts are with you. 

I'm always amazed every year at how well-preserved the decade-old specimens are in my Christmas tree graveyard. It's easy to see why coastal communities use them as fill/traps for dune rebuilding.

And I agree with you about the theme of this season becoming established as one of mirages and defied expectations. I feel reasonably confident that we'll see some decent snows again before the skeeters buzz and @Cfa sees the first crocuses, but it's doubtful that prolonged deep winter is in the cards. Then again, like you say, we're all just along for the ride and can't see past the next turn.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Yay I'm home! Doesn't it figure as we come up the hill it starts sorta snowing and by the time we got to the house it was an all out graupel fest. It made for an interesting hobble up the hill from the street.  Boy it feels good to be home...

Delighted to hear that!!

Take good care of yourself, this place needs you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gravitylover said:

Yay I'm home! Doesn't it figure as we come up the hill it starts sorta snowing and by the time we got to the house it was an all out graupel fest. It made for an interesting hobble up the hill from the street.  Boy it feels good to be home...

Great to hear! Take it slow and feel better.  It's a great feeling to be home, and to get a good nights rest in your own bed.:clap:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Do you have any idea how nice a thing that was to read? I owe ya one man :) @Hitman quiet, you have no idea... Doesn't hurt that my dogs won't leave my side either.

Good to hear your on your way to recovery.

just got back home from 2 weeks in nne.  Terrible weather pattern, 2 rainy cutters but even so, nice winter feel.  Amazing what a few 2-4” refreshers do for the weenie soul.  I would love to live in a place where the snow globe gets shaken up every couple of days.

• Like 2