• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018

snywx

Big time!  Overall guidance looks to be adjusting northward. I think most from 84 southward are in for 6"+ snowfall. What a March huh
Everyone is busy arguing in main thread. I just need to know if I head from 10952 to Pelham down to Cobble Hill area in Brooklyn in the early AM and then head back to 10952, will I have a chance of beating the storm as it ramps up early afternoon?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It's been random flakeage since 9:15 and now it finally looks like the storm has begun for real. We'll see. That northern boundary looks like it means business and may severely limit total accumulations. I hope that the deformation zones showing up on some of the models pan out later today and tonight otherwise this may end up being just a nuisance.

13 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

It's been random flakeage since 9:15 and now it finally looks like the storm has begun for real. We'll see. That northern boundary looks like it means business and may severely limit total accumulations. I hope that the deformation zones showing up on some of the models pan out later today and tonight otherwise this may end up being just a nuisance.

I still think you'll do pretty well. North of 84 is where the trouble starts and I might as well be in Plattsburgh for the purposes of this storm. 

8 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

I still think you'll do pretty well. North of 84 is where the trouble starts and I might as well be in Plattsburgh for the purposes of this storm. 

At this point I won't be shocked by anything with this storm here, meaning I wouldn't be surprised if I get measurable snow and I won;t be surprised if I get shut out.  It is something though that at this late date in the season I have about 20% snow coverage in the yard still and about 50% in the woods, especially considering how Feb turned out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DRVTS said:

Has the line declared itself????

07AAA017-B04C-4FD0-8AFF-347378C18C3C.jpeg

If it has it's south of me and I wasted a day where I could have been out traveling and working. I want it to make it at least up to here so we can put the annual average well behind us but won't really mind if I don't have to shovel.

1 minute ago, Juliancolton said:

I'm pretty much resigned to no accumulations here... might as well strive toward futility and root for no flakes. Sure would be nice if the board worked reliably so I could at least live vicariously through other weenies.

Yeah what's up with that? I couldn't get in for over an hour. Busy place I guess.

4 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

I'm pretty much resigned to no accumulations here... might as well strive toward futility and root for no flakes. Sure would be nice if the board worked reliably so I could at least live vicariously through other weenies.

Because of this disaster the kids now have to make up a day. For overcast skies lol.  Yesterday afternoon AFD from Upton stated " potential for the worst snowstorm since 1960" haha. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

More leaves that flakes flying through the air thus far

• Haha 2

Yep todays school closure here puts them into July. I kind of feel bad for the kids and teachers because the state tests will be held on the days they're scheduled no matter whether they've had time to cover that stuff or not and those scheduled dates are now 2 weeks before the end of school. I'm glad my kids graduated last year. We're hearing these kids around town complaining about what's going to happen and how they'll be done with all of the testing but still have to sit in school for almost 3 weeks with nothing left to do but they have to show up. Lots of disappointed kids that won't be able to work their summer jobs, lots of camp deposits that won't be refunded even though the kids won't be there, final grades for seniors that won't get to colleges before the end of June deadlines... all sorts of problems. Missing 8 days when the power was out and the roads were too choked for the buses to get through really screwed things up here, even without that they would have used 4 or 5 more snow days than were built into the schedule. 

3 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Yep todays school closure here puts them into July. I kind of feel bad for the kids and teachers because the state tests will be held on the days they're scheduled no matter whether they've had time to cover that stuff or not and those scheduled dates are now 2 weeks before the end of school. I'm glad my kids graduated last year. We're hearing these kids around town complaining about what's going to happen and how they'll be done with all of the testing but still have to sit in school for almost 3 weeks with nothing left to do but they have to show up. Lots of disappointed kids that won't be able to work their summer jobs, lots of camp deposits that won't be refunded even though the kids won't be there, final grades for seniors that won't get to colleges before the end of June deadlines... all sorts of problems. Missing 8 days when the power was out and the roads were too choked for the buses to get through really screwed things up here, even without that they would have used 4 or 5 more snow days than were built into the schedule. 

July?  The teachers contract will allow that?  I've heard of taking back the breaks but never going past June 30.  Interesting. 

They still have to hit the state minimum of 180 days or whatever the number is. I heard a teacher talking about it in the supermarket the other day and she was saying that their contract requires them to hit that number of days so they have to work whether they like it or not. She was saying that both her and her husband are going to have to turn down their summer jobs at a sleepaway camp because they will be missing the first week. 

• IrishRob17 changed the title to Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018