Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018

snywx

1 minute ago, BxEngine said:

Wish i coulda stopped on tz bridge, looking south was bright and sunny, great city views. Looking north, couldnt see north of tarrytown waterfront or hook mtn, snow squall looked like a sand storm moving in.

It was legit heavy at times with visibility at and below 1/4 mile at times

I had the same effect on Wednesday afternoon coming down off my hill. The road faces north and it was a gray wall in front of us, couldn't see past the north side of the lake less than 2 miles away, and it was bright blue sky and sunny where we were. Usually at that spot you can see clear to the hill where DRVTS (;) ) lives which is about 10-12 miles away. 

49 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

It looked like special effects in a movie, have never seen such a clear delineation in a non thunderstorm "cell" like that.

I was on the other side so I had the experience of moderate snow, huge flakes, with the sun and blue skies visible slightly in the distance.  One of those things that even a photo couldn't really capture the beauty of. 

I can't figure out how to play tomorrow. I need to get out and make some sales calls and can go west, north or northeast but don't want to deal with rotten driving conditions. It looks like pretty much all 3 areas will be good for the bulk of the day but coming home is where the problem is. I'd really like not to have to take the 15mpg suv so the question is what time is this mess going to start around here and how far north will the precip be by ~7pm?

1 hour ago, gravitylover said:

I can't figure out how to play tomorrow. I need to get out and make some sales calls and can go west, north or northeast but don't want to deal with rotten driving conditions. It looks like pretty much all 3 areas will be good for the bulk of the day but coming home is where the problem is. I'd really like not to have to take the 15mpg suv so the question is what time is this mess going to start around here and how far north will the precip be by ~7pm?

For tomorrow/Tuesday? Precip from the first wave won't make it this far north. Wednesday morning is go time.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, nycemt123 said:

Seems that everyone in main thread is focusing on discussing the city... What are we looking at in Rockland County, and what're my friends in Peekskill looking at for Wave 1 & 2 + timings?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

We need some love on the banks of the hudson.  Last 3 storms (2-8-2) were not kind to us relatively.  

12 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

The difference between the 0z and the 6z NAM are simply stunning, especially up here. This is why I no longer write forecasts LOL

Current dew pt. is 10  we will have to overcome this dry air up this way. This event is a coin toss as to what we get. Will come down to nowcasting IMO.

8 minutes ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

Current dew pt. is 10  we will have to overcome this dry air up this way. This event is a coin toss as to what we get. Will come down to nowcasting IMO.

Agree and I have to decide whether or not to cancel a meeting in Newburgh tomorrow morning, and it’s not a small number of people so it’s a real pain to reschedule. 

7 hours ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

This may be one of those, and it probably will be in some places, where you're looking at the radar you're seeing 25 dbz bands over your house and you look out the window and it's barely flurrying. We've all been in them before and there is nothing more frustrating, and this will most likely be that for someone in the Hudson Valley.

• IrishRob17 changed the title to Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018