Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018

snywx

1 minute ago, JerseyWx said:

lol.  This Winter I tried rounding to the tenth for some storms, but it just did not feel right.  For this one, I'm going back to my old ways.

Incredibly heavy snow right now, easily the heaviest I've seen since the Blizzard of 2016.

lol.. Looks like your area through Rockland/ N westchester may jack this event.. How much do you have right now?

3 minutes ago, snywx said:

lol.. Looks like your area through Rockland/ N westchester may jack this event.. How much do you have right now?

To tell you the truth, I just did  a clean-up but neglected to measure lol.  Easily over 6 inches though, and visibilities are less than 250 yards.

• Like 2

That's legitimately heavy sow out there and has been for the last ~3 hours. Occasionally, like right now, it mixes with heavy sleet and the visibility improves but when the flakes get really huge it drops to under 100 yards. The roads are a total mess with at least 4" on them and we're pretty well over 6" overall now. The power has flickered a few times but is still on. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

7 minutes ago, Animal said:

9.2 here.

Storm needs to pivot hard or this may end early

The heavy stuff is over for you in 2-3 hours, 4-5 for me on the HRRR. This thing is definitely not taking its time. My rates are a bit meh at the moment as well, but seeing as I added almost 4" in an hour earlier, I wouldn't even try to guess my final total at this point. Just enjoying a solid late season snowstorm...

18 minutes ago, MattyR said:

Still going pretty heavy by the train station in Pok.  Pavement covered soon after it gets plowed.

Heaviest snow in Dutchess looks to be between the river and the Taconic

Total whiteout conditions going over the MHB. Snow growth is lousy but this another very breezy nor'easter to say the least. 

3 minutes ago, HeinzGuy said:

Great storm going out there right now, good way to make up for the downsloping last week...hoping that band will continue right over where its at! 6" with a lot more in the clouds

This is gonna turn out to be a historic month for those who cashed in 5 days ago. Amazing stretch!

• Like 1

• IrishRob17 changed the title to Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018