Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018

snywx

5 hours ago, HeinzGuy said:

Wow ECM and NAM look good. Up to a foot for the LHV.

Random question to the mets in here...does anyone know where you can find historical snowfall for exact dates at KPOU for the past 15 years? I need it for a paper for school. Any help would be much appreciated.

KPOU hasn't reported snow since the Great Data Gap™ of 1993-2000. If it's just for a school paper and not a rigorously scrutinized scientific undertaking, check out some of the co-op stations on xmACIS. IIRC, the Poughkeepsie co-op (POUN6 I wanna say?) has pretty solid looking snowfall records for the last 10 years or so, but before that it's hit-or-miss. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Orange County is stuck in between Winter Storm Watches and Flood Watches, I guess its a swing county LOL.

I guess we can add rain hole to our snow hole status  for us Orange County folks.:clap:

edit: if you take the 18z NAM's snowmap, I guess it's still not enough.:rolleyes: but it's the 18z NAM so toss it. :lol:

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

KPOU hasn't reported snow since the Great Data Gap™ of 1993-2000. If it's just for a school paper and not a rigorously scrutinized scientific undertaking, check out some of the co-op stations on xmACIS. IIRC, the Poughkeepsie co-op (POUN6 I wanna say?) has pretty solid looking snowfall records for the last 10 years or so, but before that it's hit-or-miss. 

Yea that's the one I was thinking of...haven't been there in awhile but looks like it goes back to 2006...should be good

14 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

The NAM is a burial of unholy proportions for everyone here. We're all switched over to snow by 15z Friday (likely somewhat earlier), and then there's another 2"+ liquid. I think the odds of a significant snowfall are pretty good at this point, and the ceiling is so high you can't even see it.

idK5Xvo.png

Its pretty much 2' for everyone in this thread.. Should get everyone above average for the season lol.

1 hour ago, snywx said:

If the rest of the 0z suite comes in juiced then im all in. 

I'm counting the GFS as a "go", despite the ugly p-type algorithms. The mid levels are actually colder than the NAM and RGEM, but it torches the BL because of the bogus dewpoint depression. I won't be sitting at 39/34 when the rest of the column is saturated up to the tropopause and precip has been ongoing for 12 hours. The 00z guidance so far suggests to me that society is going to be woefully underprepared for winter storm impacts just over 24 hours from now.

5R4LZal.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

I'm counting the GFS as a "go", despite the ugly p-type algorithms. The mid levels are actually colder than the NAM and RGEM, but it torches the BL because of the bogus dewpoint depression. I won't be sitting at 39/34 when the rest of the column is saturated up to the tropopause and precip has been ongoing for 12 hours. The 00z guidance so far suggests to me that society is going to be woefully underprepared for winter storm impacts just over 24 hours from now.

Agree 100%.  This is looking like a big ticket item for us

• IrishRob17 changed the title to Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018