Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018

snywx

32 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Some of the erstwhile green trees in my area have picked up some nice orange and red shades after those few chilly nights. Almost looks like fall in some spots.

I'm hoping that I can get in on that too.  Some trees are already bare or close to it but I'm hoping to salvage the ones that are still green. 

Too much green. Like was said, some are bare, some are sort of colorful, many are just getting crunchy without really turning and some never changed from that late summer green. Oh well there's always next year. 

Was out in the woods along the Taconic just south of Rt 301 yesterday and holy cow is it dry. Wowza :(:( Many small ponds are dry and the topsoil is just crumbly in a lot of areas. 

Another nice day today :) 

On 10/20/2017 at 3:14 PM, IrishRob17 said:

I'm hoping that I can get in on that too.  Some trees are already bare or close to it but I'm hoping to salvage the ones that are still green. 

Not sure if you're seeing it but it's getting legitimately vibrant on some hillsides around here. It should really pop with the unsettled wx this week poised to break up the relentless harsh sunlight.

8 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Not sure if you're seeing it but it's getting legitimately vibrant on some hillsides around here. It should really pop with the unsettled wx this week poised to break up the relentless harsh sunlight.

I’m seeing what’s left is indeed getting rather bright, just wish there was more of it in my yard 

2 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

I’m seeing what’s left is indeed getting rather bright, just wish there was more of it in my yard 

Took a ride out on 84 to Middletown yesterday and noticed the color pop too. I remember years past of having a nor'easter or strong front coming thru around Halloween and knocking down whatever leaves were left in the trees.  We're running a little late this year.

3 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Hopefully that vibrancy won't be too muted by a few days of windy, grey, rainy weather because that will probably bring the leaves down and turn it into stick season pretty quickly.

Yeah, there's *still* a lot of green so I don't think we stick just yet, but it's starting to look mighty breezy on Tuesday ahead of the front... deep mixed layer with 50kt barbs down to basically 950mb. That could be hurricane force gusts in the mountains.

U9lSZWB.png

Yeah some pockets of good color popped over the last few days but nothing too special. I was up in Columbia County riding on Sunday and there were a few stands of trees that were nice but overall it was just okay. I made another quick run up to the NEK yesterday and there were also a few spots that were good but by the time you get to where I89 comes into VT from NH it was more sticks than leaves. This wind today/tonight ought to take care of whatever color is left but there's still a ton of green down here, hopefully that changes.

• Like 1

• IrishRob17 changed the title to Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018