Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018

snywx

3 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

I’m mostly referring to recent storm, they mention it in the AFD, but that’s it

The mid-hudson valley is in no mans land when it comes to CWAs. Im literally a 10 min drive to 3 other CWAs other than mine. I usually take a blend of all the offices to get a general idea of the thinking for our locale. 

27 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

I’m mostly referring to recent storm, they mention it in the AFD, but that’s it

This looks like a 2-3 inch snowfall for Monday night into Tuesday morning even down in Rockland, Bergen, Westchester and Passaic. We almost certainly wake up to WWAs tomorrow morning

25 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

This looks like a 2-3 inch snowfall for Monday night into Tuesday morning even down in Rockland, Bergen, Westchester and Passaic. We almost certainly wake up to WWAs tomorrow morning

I think you are gonna have to be north or/and west of the TZ to see any accumulation tomorrow night. A general 2-4" (more north/less south ) type deal

1 hour ago, snywx said:

I think you are gonna have to be north or/and west of the TZ to see any accumulation tomorrow night. A general 2-4" (more north/less south ) type deal

The new 12z model runs would agree with you, this is strictly an Orange County north event. EPS has been showing this as a northern event for days

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

00z runs were ugly, gotta be well N+W, rgem is alone with that much precip making its way down here... I’m expecting dusting-1” 

It's a shame the eastern trough is so amplified and we couldn't get this thing to just scoot underneath us as a conventional clipper for a reliable 1-3".

On 12/10/2017 at 11:14 AM, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

I know we’re not suppose to harp on NWS, but I have to say, ever since I moved up here, (Albany) forecast area, I’ve notice they are continuously in the dark on their own forecasts... despite moderate totals for most their Southern area, not advisories or even updates for that matter on the storm, they pretended like It wasn’t happening lol... their probabilistic forecast for the area for Tuesday into wed is 0 snow, high end >1”.... is it just a case where they don’t care about their far southern viewing? I’m baffled 

Looks like a win for Albany's conservative methodology.

8 minutes ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

Hey Billy , any idea why its snowing so far South of Albany ? I thought this event would only be for well North ? BTW New City here and no snow just cold

Decent energy out ahead, I’m seeing 30+DBZ localized in some spots.. I had about 28dbz... for about 20 min.. Coated everything, light snow now

A35F0A9C-E425-4D6D-8D12-E86C6D41F522.jpeg

• Like 2

• IrishRob17 changed the title to Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018