Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018

snywx

51 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

The record lows I have IMBY for tomorrow and Sunday is 20 both days. I reckon they gone, replaced with new ones. 

Point and click forecast for here is 14 tonite and 15 for tomorrow nite. That should take care of the yellowjackets and mosquitos .;)

Currently  33/14 10am

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

Here are the new snowboards. I’m not sure how the adhesive rulers will hold up, time will tell. I’ll use the board with the white tape to measure snowfalls on and use the one with the yellow tape for snowpack. 

E5894105-798E-42E0-A092-074EFDCD4858.jpeg

57CA1C65-1EEB-4BF6-B884-2372B9B3A12F.jpeg

Nice job.  I hope you made them at least 5' to allow for the snowgun effect on the course.  :snowing:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

I been working on this for a while. Due to the crappy foliage this fall I had to use a fall photo  from a couple years ago.  I’m going to try to do this each year. 

5F216711-C0FA-436F-9258-7B88A2756876.jpeg

Wow beautiful sugar maples!! There used to be sugar maples like that in Garden City when I was growing up. A wealthy Aunt of mine had several on her property. They all sucombed to pollution and had to be removed in the late 90s as was the case all around the Met area. Very few left. A very pollution sensitive species.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Wow beautiful sugar maples!! There used to be sugar maples like that in Garden City when I was growing up. A wealthy Aunt of mine had several on her property. They all sucombed to pollution and had to be removed in the late 90s as was the case all around the Met area. Very few left. A very pollution sensitive species.

I'd want to sue the people/companies causing the pollution.  A side effect of overpopulation that needs to be remedied.  Any idea what kind of pollution it was?

43 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

14 here don’t have the record but it lost certainly shattered it if I had to guess

My historical stats come from the COOP in Walden as it’s the only thing close to go off of as I build my own database. Walden is in between you and I. The record was 20 so yea, you shattered it.   

Irish rob... noticed the Irish jig flag in the photo!

to all,

wife & I are moving to Park City Utah.  Never got the big snow I wanted.  My wife took a new position at local slc hospital. My biggest regret that I have is knowing .......it's watching from the sidelines. Very confident it snows & snows a lot at my house now. Have about 5-7 weeks left around the area. Plan to be back in the spring/summer.

fondly,

matt

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Animal said:

Irish rob... noticed the Irish jig flag in the photo!

to all,

wife & I are moving to Park City Utah.  Never got the big snow I wanted.  My wife has 3 months of work here in nj. My biggest regret will be knowing I miss measuring what I wanted. Have about 5-7 weeks left around the area.

wishing u all an epic nw burbs winter.

Wow, sorry to see you go, you've been a great contributor to these forums. How long have you been in NJ?

Park City is a whole different ballgame though. Congrats? How much snow do they average?

4 minutes ago, nzucker said:

Wow, sorry to see you go, you've been a great contributor to these forums. How long have you been in NJ?

Park City is a whole different ballgame though. Congrats? How much snow do they average?

Yea. I looked everywhere for quality of life. Utah is awesome.

i really like slc.

My best guess is around 200-250 inches a year on my street.

Not like little cottonwood canyon or Alta/snow bird snow.

45 minutes ago, nzucker said:

5 going on 6 years in Highland Lakes.

Snowiest location in NNJ confirmed.

No other location gets more snow in NJ...first big ridge off the Atlantic Ocean. 

1 hour ago, Animal said:

Yea. I looked everywhere for quality of life. Utah is awesome.

i really like slc.

My best guess is around 200-250 inches a year on my street.

Not like little cottonwood canyon or Alta/snow bird snow.

I've skied at Snowbird twice, and it was amazing both times. I went with Skierinvermont from these forums...he lives out in Denver now, but was living in the SLC area at the time. It's really amazing out there...so beautiful, so many outdoor activities nearby, great city life too. I've been to Park City in the summer and it's great then as well. My mom went to the Sundance Film Festival there, and she loved it, too. 

Wow 200-250" is a lot. You must have a pretty nice spot. I know Snowbird averages like 500" and got 700" in 10-11.

54 minutes ago, nzucker said:

I've skied at Snowbird twice, and it was amazing both times. I went with Skierinvermont from these forums...he lives out in Denver now, but was living in the SLC area at the time. It's really amazing out there...so beautiful, so many outdoor activities nearby, great city life too. I've been to Park City in the summer and it's great then as well. My mom went to the Sundance Film Festival there, and she loved it, too. 

Wow 200-250" is a lot. You must have a pretty nice spot. I know Snowbird averages like 500" and got 700" in 10-11.

SLC gets good snow.  Airport is down in the flats.

Park city has a town etc. Actually vibrant.

House we purchased is on a ridge a few miles outside the town.

I am telling you...I wanted/selected to move UTAH. 

Toured lots of spots over the years.

• IrishRob17 changed the title to Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018