Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018

snywx

12 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

I mean, who among us would have said "first week of November" when asked at any point this met. fall when we'd see first frozen? Certainly not me. 

I thought we were going to torch this month as well, especially coming off such a warm October. 

I'm surprised I saw anything frozen today.

9 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

I mean, who among us would have said "first week of November" when asked at any point this met. fall when we'd see first frozen? Certainly not me. 

Strongly agree. I am enjoying the cat paws even though I know they will end shortly with just a little icy coating on the deck. I was in shorts 2 days ago

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Nevermind that you’re measuring on a damn grill LOL. I planning on making a new snowboard this week, gonna borrow a couple ideas I’ve seen in the NE thread over the years. 

Needless to say I wasn't prepared for precision measurements tonight. :lol: I think I'll skip the core sample this time around

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Nevermind that you’re measuring on a damn grill LOL. I planning on making a new snowboard this week, gonna borrow a couple ideas I’ve seen in the NE thread over the years. 

Post the ideas when you build it, i need a new one. 

1 minute ago, BxEngine said:

Post the ideas when you build it, i need a new one. 

I’ll post a pic. It will have a pipe screwed to the center of the board. The pipe will have adhesive measuring tape on it. I’ll still measure with my snow ruler but the pipe will be easier to read from a distance to ballpark it until I actually measure. The pipe will also serve as a marker to keep track of the board. I’m going to make a second one to use for tracking the snowpack, hopefully we’ll have one to track. 

22 minutes ago, snywx said:

Is it really??  

Down to 24° here

Nah, I'm lying to you, I've been down in the low teens already.....yes, it really is my first 20's.  This is typical for me I've noticed over the years, that I'm behind a bit on the cool temps early in the season.  Once all the leaves drop then I can start radiating, the pond and river may have its own slight affect too as its always a bit more humid near my house so I think it keeps the dews up a degree or two in comparison to locations around me.   

• IrishRob17 changed the title to Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018