Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018

snywx

8 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Had decent fog at home that was gone by the time I got to Goshen, not sure if it mixed out on my ride or the fog was localized at home due to the river. Anyone else have fog this morning?

It looked impressive on GOES-16 imagery this morning. Seems like it was mostly confined to valleys and river corridors. DJilWAPVAAIFvB3.jpg:large

• Like 1

Another super foggy morning. This time of year I usually like to go out and do a dawn patrol ride a few times a week but it sucks when everything is slick like ice. This year is especially bad because it was so wet for so long the algae and moss is pervasive and that stuff is downright scary when it's wet. 

1 hour ago, gravitylover said:

Another super foggy morning. This time of year I usually like to go out and do a dawn patrol ride a few times a week but it sucks when everything is slick like ice. This year is especially bad because it was so wet for so long the algae and moss is pervasive and that stuff is downright scary when it's wet. 

Fog this morning is more dense than yesterday IMBY.  It might take more time to burn off today.  

18 hours ago, gravitylover said:

And now it's hot... What happened to our nice cool dry early fall weather? I don't like this :( 

I don't mind the warmth at this point but the DP above 60 could go away sooner rather than later.  I should be getting ready to take out my ACs, not running them on a regular basis.   

39 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

I don't mind the warmth at this point but the DP above 60 could go away sooner rather than later.  I should be getting ready to take out my ACs, not running them on a regular basis.   

I'm with ya on that. I guess we pay the piper for the cool, low-dew summer months. Better 70/65 now than on Christmas like in some recent years! The mugginess does make for some nice foggy atmospherics in the mornings, though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

I think everyone here knows I'm a winter boy through and through, but I do have to say the waning daylight is getting the best of me this year. Not even 8 pm and I'm soundly ready for bed...

It's not the waning daylight hours. It's the increasing amount of time between your birth day and today :o  Ask me how I know :beer:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Really not looking forward to these warm days, I’m ready to start burning wood 

People had the boats out on the Lake today in Highland Lakes. It was that warm.

Getting the chimney cleaned this week.....hopefully get the 1st fire going in the next few weeks.

Need to get the snowblower tuned up too.

12 minutes ago, Animal said:

Maxed out at 82.5 F today.

Low 61.2F

October Festival at Mountain Creek today....I got a sun tan.

Big crowd and lots of eye candy. Some serious shenanigans too going down.

Wife & I had to call it a day early to watch the USC game and PSU tonight.

Any news on of we need to cancel winter yet.

Go Cal 

• IrishRob17 changed the title to Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018