Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018

snywx

On 5/14/2018 at 10:48 AM, Juliancolton said:

I have a whole schedule in the works of outdoor events where I'm selling my photo prints (beginning with this Saturday), so congrats all on the lush lawns and full wells this summer.

On 5/14/2018 at 11:06 AM, IrishRob17 said:

Its a chore just trying to fit in my outdoor chores lately.  Do you see your prints online?

Looks like I got my answer today, LOL. Nice hail photo. 

• Haha 1

What a mess. Not quite as many trees down as in the early March storm but some big, old hardwoods this time as opposed to the mostly pines that went down last time. There were a couple of big transformer explosions, two on my street alone and they're still going down around the hill occasionally because there are a lot of trees on the lines stressing things badly. F NYSEG and their piss poor maintenance and refusal to cut trees that have the potential to cause problems :fulltilt:

It really has been a damaging few months in the region. My condolences to those with property damage and power outages tonight... that was about as wild as you'll see for severe in the northeast. I'm excited to have been able to experience and document what was likely the largest hail I'll ever see in the northeast, but it sucks that it all comes at a high cost for lots of folks. 

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, snywx said:

Edit: 

Looks like it was in Kent..  

Winds estimated at 110mph for about 100 yards.

Another one. There's no way you'd recognize these things as tornadoes in real time, but still, very impressive. Could be more on the way as well.

It has been determined that an EF1 tornado with estimated peak
winds of 100 mph moved through a discontinuous path of 75 yards
in Patterson, New York.

• Like 1

• IrishRob17 changed the title to Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018